Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

TCC p0740 does not reset….WHY?

Old 03-06-2024, 05:40 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default TCC p0740 does not reset….WHY?

Hey all,
Jeep noob but longtime backyard mechanic. Hoping to get a little help with this puzzle.
P0740 comes in immediately. Before KOEO. I reset the code and it either comes back in immediately OR it never really clears. P0740 has to come in after KOEO right? It has to do with a misbalance of torque converter pressure to engine speed right? So how does the code come in before KOEO?
Bad wiring perhaps? The other weird thing is that that this new to me Jeep didn’t have the code on it until halfway home from buying it. The PO told me it was intermittent and he felt the torque converter was slipping. I just replaced the torque converter and now the code pops up immediately. The PO was able to reset it or clear it somehow?
I did also touch the pos and neg battery cables together to drain the circuit completely. No change.
Thanks for reading. 😀👍🏼
Old 03-07-2024, 10:17 AM
JK Newbie

Tested the C4 connector per the VLP circuit test. I jumpered power to pin 18 and did not get 12v back on any pins.

Chrysler VLP circuit test
Old 03-07-2024, 10:19 AM
JK Newbie

This connector moves up and down even when secured in the connector. The base of it moves up and down 1/8”. Am I missing something here?

42rle Connector 2010 Jeep Wrangler

Quick Reply: TCC p0740 does not reset….WHY?