JK-Forum.com - The top destination for Jeep JK and JL Wrangler news, rumors, and discussion

JK-Forum.com - The top destination for Jeep JK and JL Wrangler news, rumors, and discussion (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/)
-   Stock JK Tech (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/stock-jk-tech-12/)
-   -   These things are pieces of crap. (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/stock-jk-tech-12/these-things-pieces-crap-144441/)

spartan99 09-20-2010 07:54 AM

These things are pieces of crap.

So I'm driving up Hwy 9 to go camping with my family, and the HOT OIL light comes on and the trans isn't shifting properly. I called the dealership and requested that I be transferred to someone who knows things, since most of the time the service writer knows nothing. Talk to the service guy and of course he's never heard of it. I told him to pull it up on yahoo and he'll find info, like I did. Says he can't find anything on yahoo. :what?: After 10 minutes of this, in addition to me complaining that the Jeeps are garbage and Chrysler sucks for not informing the service writers about their products, we put 2 and 2 together and concluded that it was the hot trans oil indicator fix that was done recently. Then I griped that he didn't know what dw was when I was in there last, and he said he did. I asked him why the DW isn't a recall and why the trans oil overheating problem isn't one either. Why can't they install oil coolers 1) as a recall fix 2) if not that, then a mod that doesn't potentially void the trans warranty? Then I open my hood and see that BOTH head gaskets are leaking fluid, in addition to the trans gasket and both pumpkins. Folks, love your Jeeps all you want but these things are pieces of crap. I wouldn't have bought it w/o the lifetime warranty, so I knew what I was getting into and fortunately I won't have to pay for any of this. I feel sorry for those who don't have the lifetime warranty! Makes me mad to think that so many of you will have to pay through your butts for such crappy build quality. Have you driven a Pilot? Great vehicle. Boring, sure, but superb. Yes, the Jeep is really awesome to drive, but shit... when you drop so much money on something IT SHOULDN'T BE A PIECE OF SHIT. :mad:

RubiDude 09-20-2010 07:58 AM

That sucks. Looking at your profile you have been around a while. No excuses. you're right. It has not been my experience, but I WOULD BE PISSED if I were in your shoes.

NorthRiver 09-20-2010 08:06 AM

The answer is really simple. Sell the Jeep and buy the Honda you think is so spectacular.

dragginbody 09-20-2010 08:06 AM

Im thinkin HEMI swap and ProRock diffs are in the near future...:D

but yeah that sucks you are having no luck, how long you had it? maybe a Lemon

spartan99 09-20-2010 08:07 AM

My JK's trans oil got hot even when it was brand new! Smoke was coming up through the floor board and of course they found nothing wrong with it. That's with towing NOTHING!!! What happens if I tow at the max of the tow rating? Naturally, I want a cooler because I'm towing lately, but, the dicks at Chrysler say it'll void my trans warranty. Seriously, these things are junk. Sucks. We have a Honda Pilot at work and it gets beaten on hard and has been abused for 50k miles and not a peep of problems. Nada. Zilch. No leaks, no nothin'. Driven by 40 different people and by a different person every day and I'm certain no one ever really checks the fluids etc each day and I'm certain it's driven hard all the time, and it's like a brand new car. I baby my JK and it's falling apart? :sad2:

Oh well. Lifetime warranty = new trans or engine when it needs it.

I will NOT recommend a JK to anyone. If a person's gonna buy a Jeep, buy one that's old enough to wear the value has been diminished for the most part so you won't get pissed when you sink coin into a new frikkin' car. Grrr.... :mad:

spartan99 09-20-2010 08:10 AM

Read the thread. I have the lifetime warranty, so I can tolerate this crap. I'm just stunned though that this so called tough vehicle is so wimpy. JK's are like the little dogs that bark a lot to try to look tough. Oh and I've already had a leaky water pump replaced.

It's not a lemon. It runs great otherwise. It's a Jeep. Most of us have DW and leaking parts.

Pluke the 2 09-20-2010 08:13 AM

Originally Posted by NorthRiver (Post 1856379)
The answer is really simple. Sell the Jeep and buy the Honda you think is so spectacular.

X2

Throw me some tissues on the way out.

JeepaRoo 09-20-2010 08:24 AM

I agree chrysler could stand behind the product more.. i had to lemon my first JK to get it taken care of because chrysler refused to stand behind it.....

However rather than just rant on here.. why not take the darned thing in and find out whats wrong with it, get it fixed and get back to enjoying your Jeep...

plus im afraid that all of the symptoms you describe kind of point to it being driven extremely hard.... and unfortunately even a pilot wont stand up to the kind of hammering most do on their JK's... i venture to say your pilot probably stays on the road 99% of its 50k mile life thus far.... from your pics id say your JK gets some off-road use...

yes the JK is supposed to stand up to off-road driving.. however ANY MECHANICAL MACHINE that is run hard needs EXTRA MAINTENANCE... fact of Life.....

in fact i doubt any new vehicle will stand up to the pounding that a lot of JK's see....

when solid iron and steel starts getting replaced by aluminum, composites, and plastics, the strength just isnt going to be there..... thank our wonderful government and the CAFE standards for this....

-Christopher

blown2tone 09-20-2010 08:26 AM

Can I Have it ? :D

TINMAN080 09-20-2010 08:34 AM

I work on Pilots professionally, I wouldn't be caught dead in one. They have the same problems as any other vehicle. I've got 50,000 miles of ABSOLUTE trouble-free miles on my JK. So your shit rant is totally out of my experience....Bad JK, bad Pilot; it's the same old vehicle shit, some get a good one, some get a bad one. IF YOU ARE SO UNHAPPY, GET YOUR HONDA.:beer: Remember- the Honda might well be a piece of shit too....:rotflmao2: