Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Throwing Codes: P0306: Cylinder 6 Misfire

Old 01-18-2010, 02:54 AM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Throwing Codes: P0306: Cylinder 6 Misfire

I went on a ski trip this past weekend (for 3 days). When I came home yesterday I hopped into my Jeep and fired her up to go to grab some groceries.

When I did, the entire jeep started vibrating, and the stick tossed violently all over the place (when in neutral). It lasted about a minute, and after giving it a few quick spurts of gas, it went away.

But then, as I was pulling away, the Check engine light came on. So after leaving the grocery store I checked the codes and found P0306.

The motor seems to be running fine now, but I'm wondering what could have caused this? Also, the check engine light is still on. Do I need to disconnect the battery to reset it? Should I bring it to the dealer? And will I have any trouble driving it the 70 miles to work tomorrow?
Old 01-18-2010, 04:32 AM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Mine did that Code once when a plug wire wasn't seated properly.
Old 01-18-2010, 04:51 AM
JK Jedi

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Mine had the same code and symptom and it ended up being plugs. A new set of plugs and all is well. That's a code for a misfier on cylinder numbber six, by the way.
Old 01-18-2010, 06:07 AM
JK Junkie

So it should be an easy fix? I just don't know if I should rush to the dealer or not. It's messy today (rain/sleet/snow) so I don't feel like getting dirty myself.

I am due for an oil change, so I might as well just have them deal with it. I'll check the plug wires in the meantime, I just hope I don't get stranded on my way to/from school tomorrow...
Old 01-18-2010, 06:29 AM
JK Super Freak

Who ever does the plugs make sure the plugs are inspected for signs of burning oil or coolant as you could have a leak in that one cylinder.
Old 01-18-2010, 10:01 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by JEEP THRILLS
Who ever does the plugs make sure the plugs are inspected for signs of burning oil or coolant as you could have a leak in that one cylinder.
That would be just my luck

Quick Reply: Throwing Codes: P0306: Cylinder 6 Misfire