Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Tire PSI Dealer over inflated

Old 06-09-2009, 01:13 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 50 PSI, check the reader.

Get this, I switched my TPMS from the stock steels to my new Mickeys at "Pep Boys". I was so happy the light wasn't on, I overlooked the ride quality until the next day. Checked my PSI, each tire read 50, aired them down, still 50, why because that was the max reading. Borrowed a longer gauge, 70 PSI.
Called "Pep Boys", furious, they stated they over inflate tires for a tight seal with the wheels, in that they forgot to bring them down. (dangerous). As for the ride, 35 PSI works great. Max load is for the GVW, no way you will reach that with a JK. (Why no light, who knows)

Last edited by Orangutan; 06-09-2009 at 02:25 PM.
Old 06-09-2009, 07:32 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well I aired down to 33psi all matching now, I had a short ride so did not notice any difference yet. I may go up to 35psi and stick with that from now on and inform whoever works on it thats what I want.

Quick Reply: Tire PSI Dealer over inflated