Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Took a vid of my water pump noise....

Old 01-25-2014, 08:01 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Took a vid of my water pump noise....

Well I've had it at the dealer and yes they heard the noise but the tech couldn't hear it long enough to figure out where it was coming from. Yes at time it does do it only for a few seconds but I figured I would make a vid of it just to document it. I'm 99.8% sure its the water pump but they said they weren't sure if it was alternator OR the water pump. Now of course it doesn't do it AT ALL in the warmer temps and may last up to 45secs in really cold weather. Also since I'm out of bumper to bumper coverage it would be fixed under the power train warranty. Which I have about 28k miles left on so hopefully it gets fixed before I have to pay for it.

Anyone else have it this bad?

Last edited by ThwopKing; 01-25-2014 at 11:42 AM.
Old 01-25-2014, 01:16 PM
JK Enthusiast

Default hmm

I had the infamous water pump chirp and neither mine nor any other one i've heard have sounded like that?!? You may have something else going on there, i've never heard that before
Old 01-25-2014, 08:28 PM
JK Enthusiast

Yeah that's the reply i get from most when someone hears that. ..... it actually scared my wife when she first heard it. I'm going to show this vid to dealer and go from there.

Sent while plotting to take over the world!
Old 01-25-2014, 08:33 PM
JK Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Wheres the link to the video??
Old 01-26-2014, 04:33 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by robsjeep9
Wheres the link to the video??
Press and hold the picture; it will forward you to a Photobucket sight where the movie clip is located.
Old 01-26-2014, 09:19 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by ThwopKing
Well I've had it at the dealer and yes they heard the noise but the tech couldn't hear it long enough to figure out where it was coming from. Yes at time it does do it only for a few seconds but I figured I would make a vid of it just to document it. I'm 99.8% sure its the water pump but they said they weren't sure if it was alternator OR the water pump. Now of course it doesn't do it AT ALL in the warmer temps and may last up to 45secs in really cold weather. Also since I'm out of bumper to bumper coverage it would be fixed under the power train warranty. Which I have about 28k miles left on so hopefully it gets fixed before I have to pay for it.

Anyone else have it this bad?
For What it is worth when it is really cold like you are saying mine does the exact same thing, can not figure it out but it does not do it if it is above freezing, does not seem to be hurting anything.
Old 01-26-2014, 02:43 PM
JK Enthusiast

It may not be necessarily hurting anything but it's not supposed to do that.

Old 01-26-2014, 02:49 PM
JK Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by CharlesS

Press and hold the picture; it will forward you to a Photobucket sight where the movie clip is located.
Ok thanks guess it doesn't work from an iPhone
Old 01-27-2014, 06:11 PM
JK Enthusiast

Dropped it off tonight and showed the service advisor the vid. ..... her jaw dropped and she said ummm omg let me record that on my phone so i could show it to the tech and the service manager.

Old 01-28-2014, 02:03 PM
JK Enthusiast

Well they heard it for themselves but of course they didn't have time to pinpoint it so they are keeping it another night to try in the morning. This time said they will have a few techs and the service manager there at start up lol.

Quick Reply: Took a vid of my water pump noise....