Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Torque converter replacement cost

Old 08-25-2016, 02:25 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Did you ever get this resolved? I'm having the same problem.
Old 08-26-2016, 07:26 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thread revival, nice!

I had same issues with 08 after 101K miles so I got good use out of my tranny wheeling often and pretty hard. I had my transmission rebuilt with new torque converter and trans pump rebuild and it was $1500 and its running great at 110K. I tried the update and the filter and oil change and finally just bit the bullet. Its just one of those things that we need to deal with in the older model years if we don't have the lifetime warranty like first owner 2008's had. Sadly I was a second owner but hopefully I can report back at 200K to let you know how she is holding up.
Old 08-26-2016, 10:26 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by wittys-jk
Thread revival, nice! I had same issues with 08 after 101K miles so I got good use out of my tranny wheeling often and pretty hard. I had my transmission rebuilt with new torque converter and trans pump rebuild and it was $1500 and its running great at 110K. I tried the update and the filter and oil change and finally just bit the bullet. Its just one of those things that we need to deal with in the older model years if we don't have the lifetime warranty like first owner 2008's had. Sadly I was a second owner but hopefully I can report back at 200K to let you know how she is holding up.
I would certainly hope that I wouldn't need anything other than the torque converter rebuilt. A full trans rebuild at 70,000 miles would really be frustrating, especially since early on I added the mopar auxiliary cooler and changed the fluid/filter around 40,000 miles. Other than the shudder it works totally fine
Old 08-26-2016, 11:05 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by AirJordan613
I would certainly hope that I wouldn't need anything other than the torque converter rebuilt. A full trans rebuild at 70,000 miles would really be frustrating, especially since early on I added the mopar auxiliary cooler and changed the fluid/filter around 40,000 miles. Other than the shudder it works totally fine
I started with just the torque converter replacement and ended up just rebuilding the trans once they tore it down. Start with the converter and hopefully that will do the trick.

Quick Reply: Torque converter replacement cost