Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

TPMS Accuracy

Old 03-20-2018, 04:56 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default TPMS Accuracy

My tpms is reading 34 but my tire gauge reads 30. I have another gauge that reads 32. Trying to figure out which is correct.

Does the tpms only take readings periodically like the outside temp, or is it constant? Is it known to be accurate?
Old 03-21-2018, 04:30 AM
JK Freak

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

It's more accurate on my Jeep than any of my gauges, and I have several. The gauges are all over the map. The TPMS is consistent wheel to wheel. I have one gauge that matches the TPMS number pretty much right on the money so I can confirm that each tire matches. I'd say TPMS is far more accurate than an uncalibrated gauge.
Old 03-21-2018, 06:09 AM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 1,825 Likes on 1,595 Posts

The TPMS on my '13 are about spot on to the digital gauge I use, and they are consistent from tire to tire on mine.
Old 03-21-2018, 11:51 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

I have several gauges. Digital, pencil, and dial. They all read just slightly differently from each other. And my TPMS sensors on all five of my wheels read about 1 PSI higher than what I feel is my most accurate gauge. So I'd say they're all pretty accurate. They DO update on the fly, but I do not know the time interval between updates. I know I can start driving on cold tires and watch each reading increase steadily over a short drive, so I'm guessing every minute or so is the outside of the update time.

Quick Reply: TPMS Accuracy