Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

TPMS issue...

Old 08-11-2013, 05:30 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Replace the sensors.

The only way to make it work is to replace the sensors on the 2013 wheels. The later model Rubicon dash displays each individual tire pressure, the 2010 is just an idiot light. I considered pulling the sensors out of my original wheels, two issues with that, the tire shop tells me that the batteries have a life limit, often just three to four years. And secondly, they would have to balance the tires after replacing the sensors. I found replacement sensors for as little as $25 but once again the wheels would need to be balanced after breaking them down to install them.

Since I can be careful with a dollar (cheap) I chose to use my Superchip tuner to disable the TPMS and use an old fashioned tire gauge to check my tire pressure.
Old 08-12-2013, 06:13 AM
JK Enthusiast

I'm not sure on the 13's but on the older they could change the frequency on the sensors at least that's what I was told at the tire place
Old 08-12-2013, 06:10 PM
JK Junkie

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by CharcoalJK
The only way to make it work is to replace the sensors on the 2013 wheels. The later model Rubicon dash displays each individual tire pressure, the 2010 is just an idiot light. I considered pulling the sensors out of my original wheels, two issues with that, the tire shop tells me that the batteries have a life limit, often just three to four years. And secondly, they would have to balance the tires after replacing the sensors. I found replacement sensors for as little as $25 but once again the wheels would need to be balanced after breaking them down to install them.

Since I can be careful with a dollar (cheap) I chose to use my Superchip tuner to disable the TPMS and use an old fashioned tire gauge to check my tire pressure.
The newer sensors are getting much better lifetimes, like around 7 years, because they only send when they sense they are in motion. (I'm told by a mechanic I trust)
Old 08-12-2013, 06:18 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by CharcoalJK

I would prefer to drive without than, who cares about? They are not accurate anyway.

Quick Reply: TPMS issue...