Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Trashing the Jeep Again

Old 03-19-2013, 11:18 AM
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Trashing the Jeep Again

Trashing the Jeep and other gripes about Consumer Reports' picks - phillyburbs.com: J.D. Mullane
Old 03-19-2013, 01:17 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

i havent had any issues with my jk i guess the guys at consumer reports are just a bunch of pussys. O noes a little engine and wind noise.
Old 03-19-2013, 01:22 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Their reports are meant to help the old people that still read them in picking out the best car. That is why I think it should be re-titled "Granny's car list".
Old 03-19-2013, 01:44 PM
JK Newbie

I've had a subscription to Consumer Reports for a while and have noticed that except for changing the model year and listing other changes each year, they have written almost identical reports each year since 2007.

However if you look at the list that compares all mechanical issues ,body hardware, etc from previous model years for each vehicle, the JK does pretty well, and has improved since 2007.
Old 03-19-2013, 01:49 PM
JK Super Freak

They have never given Wranglers a good rating. My consolation is that the Wrangler will be pulling their sorry asses out of the ditch that 2" of snow put them in with their Prius.
Old 03-19-2013, 01:49 PM
JK Junkie

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Next thing they are going to complain about is how mud tires hum and are loud. These guys are Freaking Geniuses

Last edited by Jonathan_JK; 03-20-2013 at 01:43 PM. Reason: Auto correct kiss my ass U suck
Old 03-19-2013, 03:05 PM
JK Newbie

On my 4th one still own two and never had an issue. Replace a 4 banger engine at 130000 but I would say thats bad and it the only thing I ever did to the jeep besides oil brakes and muffler
Old 03-20-2013, 06:36 AM
JK Freak

They should ride my friggin Harley if they want to hear noise.
Take all the interior insulation out of a Lincoln, and you're gonna hear noise.
A Wrangler is basically seats sitting on top of a chassis. They need to get some outdoor oriented people on their staff. I can just see it now.
"The Prius sucks. It slides in snow, gets stuck in the mud, and is so quiet you can fall asleep while driving"
I'm 59. This is my 3rd Wrangler, I ride a Harley, and my other vehicle is an F150.
No complaints from me.
Old 03-20-2013, 06:44 AM
JK Newbie

I bought my M/Ts from Firestone and they spent 10 minutes trying to talk me out of it because of increased road noise. Every vehicle has its crowd. Obviously C R is part of the wrong crowd. As they say, if no one is hatin you ain't doing it right.
Old 03-20-2013, 06:51 AM
JK Enthusiast

Just remember, there are plenty of people who mistake the JK for an SUV. They buy it, complain it's rough, gets bad gas mileage, then complain complain complain to the dealer about squeaks, rattles, and leaks in the roof, until finally they are convinced they bought a lemon. I've seen the statements here "I didn't spend this much money on a vehicle for the roof to leak". These people are stupid and should have spent that much money on Honda Pilot or something.

Quick Reply: Trashing the Jeep Again