Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

TSB for slow clock

Old 02-01-2013, 02:29 PM
JK Junkie

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts
Default u know what i hate?

when you bring it in for a repair and they tell you they did a download to your ecu regarding a tsb
and your vehicle was running fine before then you drive away and have to go 100 miles before it comes back into itself ( like speed ) they do this without asking you first ! I could see some fire hazard thing but they did this twice since I had my 12 rubicon it runs fine just leave it the F alone that goes for my clock as well whos to say whos clock is right anyway leave 5 min early
Old 02-02-2013, 06:41 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I pretty much got used to it and just adjust it a few minutes fast each month.

Don't care much for my dealers service dept anyway.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
Old 02-02-2013, 06:54 AM
JK Enthusiast

I ended up being late for my appointment for this because my clock was running slow and they wouldn't do it because I was not on time.

Just kidding, I just plan on leaving mine be since it isn't that hard to adjust the time every so often.
Old 02-02-2013, 10:06 AM
JK Enthusiast

I definitely have some hindsight on this one, although the tpms light turned off today, so maybe they worried for no reason.
Old 02-11-2013, 09:38 AM
JK Enthusiast

Just got the jeep back today for this. Took it in for an oil change/tire rotation and the slow clock. No questions asked they told me about the tsb and had a wcm in stock that they slapped in. ( no skreem????). Dropped it off last night (nightdrop) and it was finished by noon. They do need both keys to re-program them. We will see if it works.
Old 02-11-2013, 10:45 AM
JK Enthusiast

Unhappy

Originally Posted by airforce26yrs
Posted on another forum, there is a TSB for clocks loosing a minute or two a month. TSB is 08-003-13 and applies to 2009-2012 wranglers and Liberties.

SERVICE BULLETIN NUMBER: 08-003-13
GROUP: Electrical
DATE: January 15, 2013

SUBJECT:
Clock In The Radio Loses Time

OVERVIEW:
This bulletin involves replacing the Wireless Control Module (WCM)/Sentry Key Remote Entry Module (SKREEM).

MODELS:
2009 - 2012 (JK) Wrangler
2009 - 2012 (KK) Liberty

SYMPTOM/CONDITION:
Customer may experience a condition where the clock will lose over one minute a month.

Seems kind of involved for just a couple of minutes a month. I think I will just keep adjusting the time.
I've had this same issue with my 07 every since I've purchased it!! I'm wondering if my year has a TSB out for this as well? I haven't received anything through email or postal on this resolution. Some help please
Old 02-11-2013, 10:58 AM
JK Jedi Master

Received 165 Likes on 143 Posts

Originally Posted by Baddintentions4u
I've had this same issue with my 07 every since I've purchased it!! I'm wondering if my year has a TSB out for this as well? I haven't received anything through email or postal on this resolution. Some help please
Even if there was one to include your year, you won't get any notification because it's only a TSB.
Unless you still have a warranty to cover it, you will have to pay for the repair.
Old 02-11-2013, 11:46 AM
JK Super Freak

My 07 also used to lose a couple minutes per month. However, after I started using the Bully Dog the clock has been quite precise.

Somehow, something, somewhere was fixed by the tuner. ;-)
Old 02-11-2013, 11:49 AM
JK Jedi Master

Received 165 Likes on 143 Posts

Originally Posted by Sahara_Maverick
My 07 also used to lose a couple minutes per month. However, after I started using the Bully Dog the clock has been quite precise.

Somehow, something, somewhere was fixed by the tuner. ;-)
Could be, but mine started being accurate on its own, a couple months ago.
Old 02-12-2013, 05:19 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by ronjenx
Could be, but mine started being accurate on its own, a couple months ago.

Just by itself? You did not do anything or any changes?

Quick Reply: TSB for slow clock