Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

turn signal reset

Old 08-19-2013, 01:09 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default turn signal reset

I know this is a random question but does anyone know what turns the turn signal off? I am assuming it is some kind of limit switch.

I would like to adjust it so it does not turn off so easily. It resets just merging into a turn lane.
Old 08-19-2013, 03:40 PM
JK Junkie

Received 159 Likes on 140 Posts

Originally Posted by brutalvette
I know this is a random question but does anyone know what turns the turn signal off? I am assuming it is some kind of limit switch.

I would like to adjust it so it does not turn off so easily. It resets just merging into a turn lane.
Are you sure you are pushing the lever all the way? If you push slightly it will flash only a few times then automatically shut off even if the wheel doesn't turn at all. I like this feature when lane changing.
Old 08-19-2013, 04:32 PM
JK Freak

I don't know on the JK. It might be the computer. On my Cherokee it was a trip switch in the steering column on the multi-function switch. I cut that off so you have to turn the signals off manually.
On the JK so much is done through the steering wheel centering that it may be electronic. All the nanny systems work on it.
Old 08-19-2013, 04:41 PM
JK Enthusiast

Think the wheel is off 360* ? And drag link isn't adjusted right? Or would that only cause one side for it to happen?
Old 08-19-2013, 04:49 PM
JK Enthusiast

Its not the barely push it and blink three times thing. I know about that. I would prefer a manual turn off to what it is now. My motorcycle is manual and I rarely forget to turn it off.
Old 08-20-2013, 07:26 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default JK Turns

I agree the turn signals turn off too easily on my 2012 vs. any other car I've used.

And yes, I am aware of the tap to lane change.

I'd also like to change the headlight on/off sensitivity. the lights don't turn on until it's so dark out I've been rear-ended twice.
Old 08-20-2013, 08:19 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by SabrToothSqrl
I agree the turn signals turn off too easily on my 2012 vs. any other car I've used.

And yes, I am aware of the tap to lane change.

I'd also like to change the headlight on/off sensitivity. the lights don't turn on until it's so dark out I've been rear-ended twice.
i didnt think the jk came with auto headlights, must have been sahara and rubi only. definitly not on the sport.
Old 08-20-2013, 12:16 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default rubi

my 2012 rubi has automatic headlamps

Quick Reply: turn signal reset