Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

two mildy funny things about refueling.

Old 01-21-2009, 04:45 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default two mildy funny things about refueling.

#1. I was not aware that the jeep made a really loud beep noise when the low fuel light came on. This scared the **** out of me becuase I was trying to closely listen to all the noises the jeep was making while I was driving.

#2. Apparently when the pump clicks off the first time, it means your tank is full, you can't try to get that extra little bit in there becuase it will wind up on the side of your jeep.

Now that I have made it through my first fill up, I should be good
Old 01-21-2009, 06:12 PM
JK Newbie

just get it? You will hear things you have never heard in any other vehicle. But just enjoy.
Old 01-21-2009, 06:17 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by gunner69
just get it? You will hear things you have never heard in any other vehicle. But just enjoy.
Picked it up a little over two weeks ago. Nice to see that a tank of gas will last me that long though.
Old 01-21-2009, 06:25 PM
JK Newbie

Well that is a temporary thing mine started out with 22.5 mpg and now after 7900 mi gets 17.5 don't know if it will come back up after replacing a busted evap canister but we'll see. Hopefully you didn't buy it for the mpg
Old 01-21-2009, 06:41 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by gunner69
Well that is a temporary thing mine started out with 22.5 mpg and now after 7900 mi gets 17.5 don't know if it will come back up after replacing a busted evap canister but we'll see. Hopefully you didn't buy it for the mpg
Nah, I only work 15 kilometers away... 9 miles if you like, so gas isn't a huge concern of mine.

Quick Reply: two mildy funny things about refueling.