Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx
View Poll Results: 2-door or 4-door for off road mudding?
w/o a doubt the short-wb of the 2-door is best
55.32%
if lifted the 4-doors weight dist. and long-wb will work best
41.49%
the long-wb of the 4-door will NOT improve its ability to push/pull itself threw mud
3.19%
Voters: 94. You may not vote on this poll

Unlimited 4-Door Vs 2-Door

Old 03-26-2008, 06:11 AM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I like my 4 door for the extra room and of course the extra two doors to get into the back....
Old 03-26-2008, 06:14 AM
JRO
JK Newbie

i thought of getting the 2 dooor early when i heard of the 07-08 wranglers but then i saw the 4 door never regretted it since
Old 03-26-2008, 06:18 AM
JK Enthusiast

I loved my 2 door TJ, but now that I'm getting married this summer, I got the 4 door JK Rubi, simply because I needed something capable of back roading while having enough room that I'm not packed in so tight for camping trips...and maybe someday I'll have little ones in the next few years and need room for them, too.
Old 03-26-2008, 06:21 AM
JK Newbie

I love my 2 door, but looking back i wish i would have gave the 4 door more of a look. I didn't test drive a 4 door, I was dead set on the 2 door. I just didn't think the 4 door looked right. A couple of weeks after i got my 2 door, a buddy at work got his 4 door. After checking it out and riding in it, I really like them. The main reason i would get a 4 door now is for the extra space. I'm single with no kids but ever since I got my Jeep my buddies love it so we take my jeep everywhere The 2 door is a big pain to get people in and out of the back seat. Other than that the 2 door rocks!
Old 03-26-2008, 06:31 AM
JK Freak

I purchased a 4 door back in May of 2007. My wife drives it most of the time and having the 2 extra doors and twice the cargo space is excellent. However, I decided that I wanted my own, so I purchased a 2 door Sahara a couple weeks ago. I got the 2 door since I rarely tote the kids around and it is much easier to put the top up and down (mainly up) by youself in the 2 door - even though it stays down most of the time.

The road manners are quite different due to the wheel base - the 2 door rides much like the older jeeps, but the 4 doors has a little nicer ride. I do prefer the 2 door on trails, but that is my personal preference.

They are both excellent in every aspect, but the bottom line is get the "style" that fits your needs.
Old 03-26-2008, 06:37 AM
JK Enthusiast

It all comes down to personal preferance/use, like everyone else is saying. My 4 door is my daily driver and I love it. I haven't gone out on the trails yet, but it isnt any longer than the older Jeep grand cherokees that I have seen on the trails when I wheeled in my sisters TJ.

In my opinion, if you are used to having a trunk and easy access to back seats, go with the 4 door. I like the space, and often have people in the back seat.
Old 03-26-2008, 07:06 AM
JK Freak

Talking breakover....

I was with an Unlimited rubi and I was a stock X. He went up the hill first, and the breakover caught his evap and he was able to snap it back into place, but I went up the same line he did, with 30 in SRA's to his 32's and I didn't even rub my belly....

He also was running a TF BB... Me with my stock suspention, except I gots some rubi take off shocks.... I was connected, I don't know if he disco'ed or not...
Old 03-26-2008, 07:08 AM
JK Newbie

i like your sig houdini and thanks for your 2 cents it'll help me fund my down payment! lol, i've added a poll to this thread and what i'm really looking for is if the short-wb of the 2-door being the tires so close together and compact will help the jk pull threw the mud and keep going where as the long-wb might be just to far spread out and it'd be more apt to spin but go no where..?
Old 03-26-2008, 07:12 AM
JK Freak

Wink but...

Get what you need... IF a four door is what fits the bill, go for it, but I wouldn't have got a four door even if I was to haul around three extra peeps... I got me a fifty dollar rack that attaches to my 99 dollar hitch, so I have extra space too... Add five bucks for a trap and it is weatherproof.

The 4 Door is just too looong for me... I wanted a vehicle that sat up high, becuase I don't like driving an inch and a half from the ground, but I wanted something small, I hated the expedition, as it sucks to park.. Power didn't matter to me, But the 2door Jeep fit the bill exactly... Plus it can go anywhere. SO I didn't spring for the extra 2K for another couple of doors...

This is my personal opinion so there.
Old 03-26-2008, 07:28 AM
JK Newbie

thanks brian, the full size mudding trucks were a thought i had going threw my mind also, wasnt sure how it would affect the jeeps though.. also for me the breakover shouldnt be to great of a deal but possibley will be when entering or comming out of deep holes.. i would apt for a 4-6" lift w/ 35-37" tires so it'd be not a problem after that anyways..?

Quick Reply: Unlimited 4-Door Vs 2-Door