Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Unlimited rubi shocks/springs on X

Old 03-20-2009, 10:42 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Unlimited rubi shocks/springs on X

I have a 08x with the "heavy duty suspension" package I am looking at getting the unlimited rubicon springs and shocks. I have read some post on here about the swap and guys getting an inch or so and a better ride, which is what I am looking for. I am just wondering if you had to get an alignment or if you had to do anything else after the swap.
Old 03-20-2009, 01:01 PM
JK Jedi

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by 08SilverX
I have a 08x with the "heavy duty suspension" package I am looking at getting the unlimited rubicon springs and shocks. I have read some post on here about the swap and guys getting an inch or so and a better ride, which is what I am looking for. I am just wondering if you had to get an alignment or if you had to do anything else after the swap.
You may actually lower your Jeep if you're not careful. There are SO many different part number springs with different rates for these Jeeps, it's very easy to get the wrong ones. Your Jeep may have the same springs as some Rubis RIGHT now. Your best bet is probably to just bite the bullet and go in the aftermarket.

Quick Reply: Unlimited rubi shocks/springs on X