JK-Forum.com - The top destination for Jeep JK and JL Wrangler news, rumors, and discussion

JK-Forum.com - The top destination for Jeep JK and JL Wrangler news, rumors, and discussion (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/)
-   Stock JK Tech (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/stock-jk-tech-12/)
-   -   Upgraded heavy duty rear sway bar on stock 2012 2 Dr Sahara. Overkill or useful? (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/stock-jk-tech-12/upgraded-heavy-duty-rear-sway-bar-stock-2012-2-dr-sahara-overkill-useful-300661/)

Billbikes 04-05-2014 02:54 PM

Originally Posted by Jizneeper (Post 3880398)
What about sticking with the rubicon's shocks as an OE replacement? Can get them new for $120, pretty much the same as bilstein's or Monroe's? Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't think the stock Rubi shocks are that special. Not really a fan if Bilsteins either. Look at the Fox 2.0, or even the Rancho 9000 adjustables.
Just my opinion, but with shocks, you kind of get what you pay for.

Kojack 04-06-2014 05:00 AM

A stiffer swaybar will indeed improve side to side movement and body roll. But it will make the ride stiffer too. I have Monroe reflex monotubes and they make a huge difference.

Jizneeper 04-07-2014 12:49 AM

So, I understand the HD sway bar will make the jeep handle better in the turns at speed and correct under steer but will it worsen the side to side wobble / head thrashing movement that a jeep does when going over uneven pavement and large bumps in the road?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

JLsJK 04-10-2014 05:39 PM

Originally Posted by Jizneeper (Post 3881630)
So, I understand the HD sway bar will make the jeep handle better in the turns at speed and correct under steer but will it worsen the side to side wobble / head thrashing movement that a jeep does when going over uneven pavement and large bumps in the road? Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I think so. I put mine on and take mine off occasionally. And it drives better without it under 45 mph. Mine is a 2 door.

k0260 04-10-2014 06:31 PM

I run the Full Traction HD rear sway bar on my 2 door. Very much improved the side to side body roll, better yet, completely eliminated the rear end under steer. Run it on the medium setting all the time. Noticed no difference for being rougher or firmer ride wise other than side to side. Always been surprised there aren't more people using these.:thumbsup:

Softtailfreek 04-10-2014 08:58 PM

Originally Posted by kjeeper10 (Post 3880402)
Agree, I bet your front plays more of a role as stiff as it is. Rancho is doing their spring promo. Grab some 9000's and call it a day.

X2 on that. Just got a set of 9000s and so far I love them. They are adjustable so I'm still trying to find the right settings for vehicle. Definitely worth taking a look at if your looking to upgrade

Jizneeper 04-13-2014 01:34 PM

@ K0260. Thanks for that man, glad to hear from someone who is actually using the product. Are you lifted? I'm looking at possibly doing a set of new rubi shocks and the sway bar upgrade. I'm stock height, btw.

k0260 04-13-2014 05:56 PM

Originally Posted by Jizneeper (Post 3887260)
@ K0260. Thanks for that man, glad to hear from someone who is actually using the product. Are you lifted? I'm looking at possibly doing a set of new rubi shocks and the sway bar upgrade. I'm stock height, btw.

Sure thing. Lifted 4". The FT HD sway bar is a nice worth while upgrade.

Jeepstin12 04-13-2014 06:02 PM

A stiffer sway bar will make off cambers of any kind, much worse. Look at springs and shocks first. Think of it this way. To reduce body rolling off road, and have your axle more compliant with the terrain, it is ideal to disconnect it. Anti sway does just that, reduce sway, as in body roll in a turn. On roads that you are driving without significant lateral force, the sway bar isn't doing much.

kjeeper10 04-13-2014 06:14 PM

Upgraded heavy duty rear sway bar on stock 2012 2 Dr Sahara. Overkill or useful?

And why people remove the rear and don't feel much of a difference.

Ko2 how much are you lifted and what shocks you running?
Rear roll center correction ?