Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Various issues, please advise me.

Old 01-29-2008, 05:44 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Various issues, please advise me.

Hi guys, been reading the forums for a while, didn't realize that i haven't registered on here yet till today! Anyways, i was wondering if some of you would be able to diagnose some of my issues.

I was reading on the forums, about the tsb and clutch squeek issues that that 6 speeds have and i made an appointment with my dealership, one concern to me also besides that issue is the following.

When i am accelerating, lets say the rpm is at about a range of 1,700 rpm to 2,700rpm or higher the shift assemebly makes a rattling sound, the rattle only worsens the higher the rev is, but i only get the rattle while i am in a gear and moving of course, does anyone have any idea what that would be?

My suspension seems to be pretty loud, is that just my jeep getting lose on me? i cant remeber it ever being this loud, and i know all the suspension components are fine because i just got an out of province inspection done and everything checks out.

I guess my main concern is just my shift, its really loud, it rattles, i get clutch squeak and i have the tsb issue obviously, and i hate how hard it is to shift into second gear! do you think those will all go away once i get it replaced?

Really like my jeep, its just feeling like an old vehical way to fast.

Its a wrangler x with the 6speed and 12,000 km on it.

Quick Reply: Various issues, please advise me.