Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Very strange issue with cabin vent airflow

Old 09-12-2016, 08:08 AM
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Very strange issue with cabin vent airflow

I have a 2008 Sahara that I have only had for a few months. It is getting colder outside so I started using my heat a little bit and noticed that it works fine for a while, but after a certain time the airflow coming out of the vents, any vent, becomes almost nothing I can hear the fan blowing away but little to no air comes out of the vents. The AC and the cold air vent wok fine, but when the problem is kicked off by sing heat nothing not even AC will come out of the vent. Once it sits for a while and cools down everything starts working again, that is until use the heat again. Its almost like something is overheating and then because of this is blocking the air passageway, then coos off and is fine again. My temp gauge when at running temperature is dead in the middle and doesn't move and the heat that comes out when its on is VERY hot, but like I sad I haven't had my jeep long so at may be normal. TIA
Old 09-13-2016, 07:56 AM
JK Newbie

Default Figured it out

LOL!!!! I took out my glove box to look at the cabin filter and there was a napkin and several pieces of paper that were jammed behind it. So it appears that they were getting sucked against the return and retarding airflow.
The following users liked this post:
corytrae (08-10-2021)
Old 09-13-2016, 01:41 PM
JK Freak

Awesome. Glad we could help
Old 08-10-2021, 05:37 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

wow thank yall for this lol I just bought my first wrangler and thought it was just a jeep thing that the air barely blowed out at all. But after reading this I found about 3 service records and napkin/fork combo stuck in my air filter and it blows so strong now 😂 thanks!
Old 08-10-2021, 05:45 PM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 1,825 Likes on 1,595 Posts

When the glove box gets jammed full, things tend to escape up and out the back and that is where they end up.

Quick Reply: Very strange issue with cabin vent airflow