Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Vivd Linq help, recalabrating my speedometer.

Old 08-20-2012, 05:50 AM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Vivd Linq help, recalabrating my speedometer.

I have recently purchesed the Vivid Super Chip Linq to use with my tablet. I am not highly tech savvy. I am trying to recalabrate my speedometer. It was the main reason I purchaged the Linq.

I have registered for the Vivid forum but am now waiting for an email so that I may post. Not sure how long it is going to take to get the registratio email, so I thought I would try here.

I have a Jeep JK 2010 Wrangler manual.

Thank you.
-John
Old 08-20-2012, 02:09 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You recalibrate the speedo through installing a tune. You can go with 87 tune, as it simply requires regular fuel. Once you go into installing the tune, you'll see a bunch of things you can change. The tire size I believe is at the end of the list.

Don't wait for that email from Superchips, that function is broken. Email Ron to get your account activated.
Old 08-20-2012, 07:08 PM
Super Moderator

Received 80 Likes on 72 Posts

Yes go to any tune and make sure you do an advanced tune which will allow calibration and other features
Old 08-21-2012, 07:36 AM
JK Freak

Thanks guys.

I did the automatic 87 tune and then ran 87 octane, as I had been running 85 octane. Drove about 200 miles and if I was caculating correctly (using maps) I was between 16 and 17 mpg. I thought that was a bit impressive at 68 mph with 4.88s and 35s.

I will try the advaced tuning on my next day off.

I am looking forward to the calibration. My GPS reads 68 mph and my Jeep reads 58 MPH. It will be nice to have them correlate.

-John
Old 09-05-2012, 11:52 AM
JK Freak

I cannot log on, so I cannot email Ron from Superchips Forum, please PM me his email address. I have received my authorization yet.

however, my speedo is now correct. I am happy. Thanks.

John

Quick Reply: Vivd Linq help, recalabrating my speedometer.