Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Want to look big!

Old 05-10-2017, 06:56 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Want to look big!

I currently have a 2015 JK Willy's Wheeler with the stock LT255/75r17 Mud Terrain tires on it. I want to beef it up a little and saw some nice pics of some rubicons with Trail Grappler tires and a 2.5" lift on them. Wondering what anyone has on their jeeps that will work on the 17" wheels? I'd like to keep Mud Terrain tires. All suggestions and pics would be great....tires, lift kits, spacers, etc. Thanks!!
Old 05-10-2017, 07:50 AM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 1,824 Likes on 1,594 Posts

Stickies at the top of the modified section will answer almost everything in those regards -

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/modi...bie-has-18617/

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/modi...-lifts-288269/

Just open up the wallet to your hearts desires.
Old 05-10-2017, 03:33 PM
Former Vendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by surferpat81
I currently have a 2015 JK Willy's Wheeler with the stock LT255/75r17 Mud Terrain tires on it. I want to beef it up a little and saw some nice pics of some rubicons with Trail Grappler tires and a 2.5" lift on them. Wondering what anyone has on their jeeps that will work on the 17" wheels? I'd like to keep Mud Terrain tires. All suggestions and pics would be great....tires, lift kits, spacers, etc. Thanks!!
This is a tried and true combo! Make sure and go with a quality suspension kit! If you're going to go with a true 35" tire (which works well with this combo) you might want to consider gears, a 35 is the point where performance really starts to take a hit unless you're in a Rubicon with factory 4.10 gears. I would look into a 285/75/17 Nitto in a load range C, it'll work well with the lift while not killing the performance and still gives you the full effect of a big tire. Round it out with a 2.5" wheel spacer and you're good to go!

Quick Reply: Want to look big!