Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Warranty inspection

Old 07-16-2013, 03:55 PM
JK Freak

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Warranty inspection

I am an original owner of my 08 and have the lifetime warranty. In December I need to get my 5 year inspection to keep the warranty in force for another 5 years. A friend was required by his dealership to replace his front and rear diff fluid at a very high price, even though he had done his own and changing it is very easy. Have any forum members that have the lifetime warranty been charged for unnecessary or expensive maintenance to keep the warranty in place?
Old 07-16-2013, 07:40 PM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 162 Likes on 154 Posts

Your friend let them bend him over...

Keep records and receipts so you can prove that the work was done, or store receipts and dates if you buy the oil and change it yourself. Diff oil is super easy to change, no reason at all to pay the dealership.

I guess an exception could be if they checked the oil and found something wrong with it? Burnt, water, something?

Last edited by nthinuf; 07-16-2013 at 07:43 PM.
Old 07-17-2013, 03:47 AM
JK Freak

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Yes they did get him. But when you're there and you try and prove your point and they have your Jeep etc etc. PLUS it's a time sensitive thing. You only have 2? weeks from your 5 year anniversary of taking delivery to get the next 5 years. They kinda have you over a barrel...if they want to. He said he'll never go there for service again. He has a good relationship with the parts guy so he still buys his OEM stuff there. Anyone with the lifetime warranty have an experience? Please chime in.
Old 07-17-2013, 04:34 AM
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I took mine for an inspection and the 5 year renewal. They had to replace the brakes. Nothing else. And I think you have 90 days from the in service date to get the 5 year inspection done.

Quick Reply: Warranty inspection