Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

water sound while rocking jk

Old 11-06-2008, 08:09 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default water sound while rocking jk

Hello all,
Today after a lot of rain I discovered water sound after parking my 2007 sahara in the garage. I checked the jeep by rocking it back and forth in a quite garage. It was hard to tell where it was coming from. I opened the passengers side door and listened inside and it sounded like it was coming from the engine . I opened the hood and could not determine where the sound was coming. my best guess is that I hear the gas in the fuel tank. its hard to rock the jeep while under it to hear the fuel or water sound. has anyone heard this sound before? I was wondering if water might be trapped in a panel or laying in one of the skid shields. It is it possible that a drain is clogged due to leaves? where are the drains that might be clogged? or maybe I'm going nutz . . . . . .

Thanks to all who reply

HunterBug
Old 11-06-2008, 08:27 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am nuts too, I heard the same sound around sharp turns for the first couple months. I have done alot of work on the jeep since May08, but I haven't noticed the sound for several months.................
Old 11-06-2008, 09:15 PM
JK Freak

The only water sound I have had was in my hard top freedom panels filled with water when I would stop it would rush to the front, The next heavy rain they filled to the point of overflow had water every place. Dealer replaced them under warranty have not had any heavy rain as of yet. I hope it's fixed.
Old 11-06-2008, 10:01 PM
JK Super Freak

Could it be the fuel in the tank?
Old 11-06-2008, 10:15 PM
JK Freak

Washed it lately ??

it is probably the mirrors full of water . try searching for "drilling" the mirrors thread

here is the link
https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/show...illing+mirrors
Old 11-07-2008, 12:58 AM
JK Freak

It could be the ac drain or watever its called. my dad had it on his grand cherokee. its normal when you park the jeep and you had the ac on you see it dripping water, you might have that opening blocked and the water just stays in there. check it out it could be that.
Old 11-07-2008, 01:32 AM
JK Jedi

Wierd, have never noticed anything like that on mine. Good luck hunting it down, finding random noises can be a pita.
Old 11-07-2008, 03:33 AM
JK Enthusiast

You know, it could be the drain for the ballast pan is clogged with debris. It's located under the mid-body centrifugal mount, and it holds about 6 gallons of water, or about 4 gallons of beer. Either way, it would slosh a lot when you make a turn and the gyroscopic equivicator fails to de-intertialize the chassis core.

Oh, wait, that's on the Hummer.
Sorry, never mind.
Old 11-07-2008, 03:58 AM
JK Enthusiast

My freedom top front pannels were filling with water. I could hear the sloshing. I pulled them and drained the water and filled he small gap in the gasket with a hot glue gun. Never had an issue since.
Old 11-07-2008, 04:57 AM
JK Enthusiast

I hear the gas tank sloshing when I come to a stop in my garage.

Quick Reply: water sound while rocking jk