Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Wax your girl?

Old 06-03-2008, 10:02 AM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My girl gets waxed every 3 weeks. it costs me 80 bucks every time she goes. Spynhx I think they call it?

Last edited by bigbluejk; 06-03-2008 at 10:08 AM.
Old 06-03-2008, 10:06 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Just tried the new wax ICE. This has to be the best wax I have used so far. You can actually wax the plastic and it looks better. I highly recommend it
Old 06-03-2008, 10:37 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I attempted to wax my jeep with a wax paste..... HUGE MISTAKE! I got just a bit over the edges of the panels onto the fender flares.... now the once black molded flares are chalky white. Does anyone know how I can get the white appearance to go away? I scrubbed it with soapy water and nothing... not sure what else there is to try. Maybe I should have sprung for the sahara so I could have gotten the matching fender flares and not the molded black version

With the ice wax, if I was to get any on the plastic flares, would I see them get darker or can I just rinse it away?
Old 06-03-2008, 11:15 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Bluewaterrider
I have used many different kinds of wax and polish over my 39 years and I have found that NOTHING, ABSOULTELY NOTHING lasts longer than REJEX .

I may or may not give the deepest shine but it WILL last longer and bead water longer than ANYTHING you have ever used !!!!!!!

It is what the military and commercial arilines use on their planes.

check it out at

http://www.corrosionx.com/rejex.html
I have used their CorrosionX before and was simply amazed with it, after trying several types of lubes on my squeaky Blazer door hinge, CorrosionX fixed the squeak in a matter of seconds VS. 5 minutes of opening and closing the doors with other lubes.
Old 06-03-2008, 11:50 AM
JK Super Freak

zymol all the way. i have used a lot of different car waxed and zymoll is by fad the best
Old 06-03-2008, 11:59 AM
JK Enthusiast

Formula 113, collector car and auto auction wax and clay bar...nothing else comes close.
Old 06-03-2008, 05:20 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Bluewaterrider
I have used many different kinds of wax and polish over my 39 years and I have found that NOTHING, ABSOULTELY NOTHING lasts longer than REJEX .

I may or may not give the deepest shine but it WILL last longer and bead water longer than ANYTHING you have ever used !!!!!!!

It is what the military and commercial arilines use on their planes.

check it out at

http://www.corrosionx.com/rejex.html
I will second that! Rejex is good stuff! Really lasts.
Old 06-03-2008, 07:25 PM
JK Enthusiast

Well, after all the raves, I went and picked up some ICE. Well, I'm disappointed. It puts on a hell of a shine, but it doesn't remove water spots. WTF?! I did my wife's black Tahoe. It had a few water spots on the hood and near the mirrors. So I apply the wax and notice the water spots are left behind. So I give it a little elbow grease. No luck. Shined those water spots right in.

So after waxing, I had to go over it a second time with the Mother's Showtime. Doing it twice? No thanks. I'll stick to the NXT or Zymol I traditionally use.
Old 06-03-2008, 08:29 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by iamsuperdan
Well, after all the raves, I went and picked up some ICE. Well, I'm disappointed. It puts on a hell of a shine, but it doesn't remove water spots. WTF?! I did my wife's black Tahoe. It had a few water spots on the hood and near the mirrors. So I apply the wax and notice the water spots are left behind. So I give it a little elbow grease. No luck. Shined those water spots right in.

So after waxing, I had to go over it a second time with the Mother's Showtime. Doing it twice? No thanks. I'll stick to the NXT or Zymol I traditionally use.
You used the wrong tool for the job. ICE polish is a polish not a cleaner. You need a cleaner wax or a fine cut to get water spots off. Why did you have to go over it a second time with the Showtime?
Old 06-04-2008, 10:06 AM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My G/F has a "midnight" black accord that is usually the color of road grime and dirt. I used some "nu-finish" on it the other day and it cleaned all the little spots off and made it shine really well. plus it was rub on rub off. no buffing. I didn't know the car had little blue and purple flecks in it until I used this stuff. I am trying it on the JK this weekend.

Quick Reply: Wax your girl?