Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Weird Tread Wear On Rubicon Takeoffs

Old 09-12-2017, 06:38 PM
JK Jedi Master

Received 163 Likes on 141 Posts

Originally Posted by Blanco562
I didn't know this was thing, until now. I got mine rotated every oil change and this still happend. I have a 2016 hardRock Rubi and no lift all stock and this still occured. I only have 15k miles.
Rotated every oil change? How many miles between oil changes?
Old 09-13-2017, 04:23 AM
JK Junkie

Received 159 Likes on 140 Posts

Originally Posted by Blanco562
I didn't know this was thing, until now. I got mine rotated every oil change and this still happend. I have a 2016 hardRock Rubi and no lift all stock and this still occured. I only have 15k miles.
In my limited experience, the weird tread pattern on the front is noticeable by 10,000 miles. So, i would question whether they really were rotated or, were they switched side to side instead of front to back. I don't trust mechanics, particularly at my Jeep dealership. If I asked for wheels to be rotated I would put indicator marks before the job so I would know with 100% certainty that it was done. Because I don't trust them, I do all the work myself.
Old 09-13-2017, 05:42 AM
JK Junkie

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts
Default my experience with bfg muds has been

this they suck ! i had them on my trucks before one set i got 80,000 miles out of them
second and 3rd set cupped and were awful . the ones that came on my rubicon started i then rotated quickly and replaced with nitto and no cupping at all 60,000 miles
That being said , i believe they are made differently now maybe and have flaws from the factory design . im not a fan ,best advise is get rid of them
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5466_LI (2).jpg
Views:	22
Size:	656.4 KB
ID:	674879  

Quick Reply: Weird Tread Wear On Rubicon Takeoffs