Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Well, finally happend. An oil leak.

Old 06-26-2016, 12:54 PM
JK Junkie

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts
Default Well, finally happend. An oil leak.

I changed my oil yesterday and noticed an oil leak coming down the rear of the engine and accumulating at the base of the transmission. It's very slow as I never even noticed any oil on the ground. Any ideas where this would be coming from.
Old 06-26-2016, 01:32 PM
Super Moderator

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

I have the same leak and it is the rear main seal. Waiting to replace mine when I pull the transmission to change the clutch and throwout bearing. Just monitor it and when it gets to the point is puddles then it is time to change it.
Old 06-26-2016, 01:45 PM
Super Moderator
FJOTM Winner

Received 483 Likes on 440 Posts

Some people have reported a suspected RMS as actually the intake manifold gasket going and leaking out of the back.
Old 06-26-2016, 03:55 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Well Finally happened

Don't want to get into all the details, but bought my 2012 JKU new. Month ago, had a check engine light come on, was a P06DD code.... Had the dealer replace my engine oil pressure sensor , Cost me $ 325.00. Dealer told me oil pump was fine, engine pressure was good. one week to the day,same code P06DD..ended up replacing the oil pump... And they called me on a slight "weep"on my rear main seal??... They replaced pump and rear main seal under warranty. rear main at 28,000 miles?? And oil pump/solenoid 28,000 ?? Hope this resolves the issue..But what's up with rear main seals? Who's having issues?

Quick Reply: Well, finally happend. An oil leak.