Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

What is This???

Old 06-13-2007, 01:01 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What is This???

Ok, I always park my jeep in my driveway backed in (on a sloping downwards driveway, so the front of the jeep is higher). Recently, I've noticed what I thought was just water on the rear bumper, directly under each corner of the rear tailgate. Today, I looked closer. I opened up the tailgate. I noticed theres some rubber seals along the bottom of the sides of the jeep, with what looks like a drainage hole in each, in the corners. These are on the jeep, not on the opened tailgate. The liquid is like a WD40 consistency. What the hell is this????

Thanks in advance!
Old 06-13-2007, 04:14 PM
JK Freak

Jeep blood. Sounds like she is bleeding out.
Old 06-13-2007, 08:56 PM
JK Junkie

Apply direct pressure and elevate.
Old 06-14-2007, 04:03 AM
JK Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

post a picture of where this mystery fluid is coming from and we'll have a better idea of what it is.
Old 06-17-2007, 08:22 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Old 06-18-2007, 01:25 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by simon
post a picture of where this mystery fluid is coming from and we'll have a better idea of what it is.
how do you post pics anyways, never have before...
Old 06-18-2007, 03:21 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by PeterBateman
how do you post pics anyways, never have before...
You need to have the image uploaded somewhere. Then you need the URL of the image which you can get by right clicking to get the properties while the cursor is over the image. You then make a post here. If you look at the top of the post box you will see an icon that looks like a mountian with a sun and yellow background. Click it. either a warning (on my system) or window will pop up. (if warning allow it and redo the steps if needed to get the window) Once the window is up put the Image URL in the box making sure you only have HTTP in there once. I personally clik on preview post to make sure I got it right then I post it.
Of course if you post your image in the my project JK photo album it shows it to you and have the HTTP code for displaying it or posting a clickable thumbnail below and is a simple cut and paste like below.

Quick Reply: What is This???