Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

What color is this? (Soft top)

Old 06-06-2011, 08:39 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What color is this? (Soft top)

What color soft top do I have?

I'm looking for tinted windows and on the Qtec website I see the Bestop Tinted Window Kit in Black Diamond.... but mine looks more gray, is it khaki diamond? Do they make tinted windows in my color?

Last edited by BLK08JK; 06-06-2011 at 09:03 AM.
Old 06-06-2011, 08:46 AM
JK Jedi

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Is yours a stock top? If so, it's black diamond. The black tops tend to fade a bit over time. There's a slate grey top, but i think they weren't available until 09 or 10, just like the khaki tops weren't offered in 07-08.
Old 06-06-2011, 08:57 AM
JK Freak

UPDATE: Just looked at my build sheet and it says:

VJXA - Black Easy Folding Soft Top

I gotta believe that's black diamond... should have checked it before posting. Thanks Big Red!

One other question if anyone sees it... shouldn't the tube for the hard top wiper fluid have a cap for when it's disconnected and I have the soft top on? My old TJ did, but my JK doesn't have anything to block the fluid.

Last edited by BLK08JK; 06-06-2011 at 09:02 AM.
Old 06-06-2011, 08:59 AM
JK Freak

You shouold see if you can order just the windows from one of the sponsering vendors or from Chrysler. It would be way cheaper for you.
I just put the soft top on our jeep this weekend.
I believe that the 2nd plastic piece will act as a cap. When I disconnected mine, there was nothing leaking out.
I could be wrong, happened once before
Old 06-06-2011, 09:07 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by wired
You shouold see if you can order just the windows from one of the sponsering vendors or from Chrysler. It would be way cheaper for you.
I just put the soft top on our jeep this weekend.
I believe that the 2nd plastic piece will act as a cap. When I disconnected mine, there was nothing leaking out.
I could be wrong, happened once before
Yeah I do want to order just the windows, anyone have a part number for them?

What 2nd plastic piece are you talking about? Nothing leaks out when disconnecting, but if I spray fluid on the windshield wouldn't it come out the back tube as well?
Old 06-06-2011, 10:05 AM
JK Jedi

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by BLK08JK

Yeah I do want to order just the windows, anyone have a part number for them?

What 2nd plastic piece are you talking about? Nothing leaks out when disconnecting, but if I spray fluid on the windshield wouldn't it come out the back tube as well?
There's a little rubber plug attached to the side of the rear washer fluid tube to plug it up when not using the Hardtop. The rear spray has a separate button than the front windshield spray, so you're all good. Plus, when the rear harness is disconnected from the Hardtop, I think it won't function either(jeep computer must know it's unplugged or something possibly).

Quick Reply: What color is this? (Soft top)