Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

what do people use to wash the black plasitic on the outside of your jeep?

Old 09-28-2015, 10:26 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default what do people use to wash the black plasitic on the outside of your jeep?

2014 Unlimited Sahara here..wondering what others use to wash the running bars..and the black hard plastic around the body.
Old 09-28-2015, 11:43 AM
Sponsoring Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Most people probably just use the same car was solution they use to wash the Jeep...if you're looking to restore the plastic, Mothers makes a product called Back-To-Black
Old 09-28-2015, 12:31 PM
Super Moderator
FJOTM Winner

Received 483 Likes on 440 Posts

You're fine to use regular car wash soap. Forget the back to black, it's temporary at best- as are others that advertise the same thing.
Old 09-28-2015, 01:20 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

I use the same stuff to wash the Jeep...just a regular ole wash mitt and some carwash soap. Rinse, dry.
Old 09-28-2015, 05:40 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I will usually use car wash/shampoo on the plastic. If i have to remove wax stains from the fenders I will use an all purpose cleaner with a medium brush.

Once i I am done washing, polishing and waxing I use PoorBoys World Trim Restore. It,brings the color back to black. I have a 2015 2 Door Wrangler Sport and so far there is no fading of the black. My brother has a 2012 Wrangler Sport and his fenders were faded and gray. I detailed his jeep and cleaned with all purpose, car wash and then trim restore. I did multiple applications and let it sit in the sun and bake. After a three week period they are back to new again.

They say that Trim Restore works by adding the oils back into the plastic.

Ed
Old 09-28-2015, 05:41 PM
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Idk, that OutLast stuff works pretty good at keeping the plastic stuff clean and shiny.

Quick Reply: what do people use to wash the black plasitic on the outside of your jeep?