Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

What do you use to clean the engine bay (under the hood)?

Old 11-29-2014, 08:22 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Simple green worked great, thanks!

I set my pressure washer to the lowest pressure and to mix water with the Simple Green concentrate.

Turned the engine on for a couple minutes just to warm a little bit, then covered the air intake and sprayed the mix all over avoiding the alternator, battery and fuse box. Waited a couple minutes and sprayed pure water just to rinse. Then turned the engine on again to dry it out. Looks new again. Cheers!
Old 11-30-2014, 08:34 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Cut Simple Green 50% and spray on a warm engine. If left on too long at full strength, it will attack aluminum. Plug the intake and cover the alternator with a plastic bag. I use a paint brush to get into the nooks and crannies. Use a garden hose to rinse down both inside and outside and a leaf blower to blow dry. Engine compartment looks like factory new. I do this every six months or when needed.

Quick Reply: What do you use to clean the engine bay (under the hood)?