Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

What Oil and Oil filters do you use??????

Old 11-09-2010, 03:15 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

5w30 max life and tg3600
Old 11-09-2010, 09:01 PM
JK Enthusiast

Well I posted here before, I did the first three at the dealership, for $25 each, Dino oil, finally switched to synthetic, and I noticed my intervals have been progressively longer, don't think the monitoring system is that sophisticated that it monitors the actual state of the oil, thought it was interesting.

I use fram tough guard, with mobil 1 0w20

I first noticed longer intervals two oil changes ago, when I went with the 0w20 designation, I was using the standard 5w20 before that

Also, I use the fram because they all have the check valve, which from fa Tory you do not have because of the slight downward orientation of the filter, which also means a lot of the other filters do not have mobil1 included
Old 11-10-2010, 03:25 AM
EzK
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Can't bring myself to use 5w-20 so I buy whatever 5w-30 synthetic is on sale and a Napa filter.

Might go back to standard Valvoline though, since it kept my YJ alive forever.
Old 11-10-2010, 04:29 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by EzK
Can't bring myself to use 5w-20 so I buy whatever 5w-30 synthetic is on sale and a Napa filter.

Might go back to standard Valvoline though, since it kept my YJ alive forever.

Hard to argue w/ success, huh. Nothing wrong w/ Valvoline oil. All of my motorcycles got Valvoline bike oil this year and the oil and my truck and Heep is Valvoline re-labled for sale by my favorite parts store.

BTW, I just couldn't do 5w-20, either, this summer. I caved and put it in last weekend for winter, though.

Quick Reply: What Oil and Oil filters do you use??????