Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Whats wrong i cant shift into gear,please help me!

Old 04-02-2013, 11:31 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Whats wrong i cant shift into gear,please help me!

So I posted a thread about my jeep and its problem not going into gear and I'm probably being stubborn,but i want to hear from more people.the problem is my jeep won't shift out of neutral,I can't go into any gears when the jeep is on.(6spd manual btw) I changed out the slave cylinder and bleed it today.and still nothing,here was my procedure

-installed new slave
-hooked up hydro line to slave
-pumped the clutch 5-6 times and hold(while jeep is off)
-open bleeder valve all the way
-then closed bleeder,release pedal

Did this quite a few times,no bubbles came out.so we tried a vacuum pump my friend has and still nothing.
Am I doing something wrong,it's now been two wks,and I'm starting to think it might be the clutch or TOB.

Last week I bought the first slave and installed it,and vroola it went into gear,so we hooked up the drive lines back up,thinking we were going to have to drop the tranny and it stopped working,and now we are here today with brand new slave #2 bled and stil no progress, please help me,I probably sound like a moron and a whining baby.but I'm lost please help me.i would really appreciate it thank you

Quick Reply: Whats wrong i cant shift into gear,please help me!