Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

When it Rains

Old 04-02-2017, 07:15 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default When it Rains

Not that it rains a lot in Arizona, but when it does...08 Wrangler Unlimited, no leaks or problems till you open the front doors and then there is a stream of water from the roof right about your knee as you swing out from the seat. Perhaps a collection of water from the roof panel seam. Must be a way to stop this or dam it up. Is there an aftermarket gutter? Thanks for some directions. Don Parrish Phoenix
Old 04-02-2017, 07:39 AM
JK Jedi Master

Received 168 Likes on 144 Posts

It's very annoying.

Five or six years ago, there was a product a guy developed to redirect the water so it followed the A pillar.
There is no way I can remember who it was, or on which forum I saw it.

I have wanted to come up with a solution, but it's one of those deals where when it's raining, it's too wet to work on it, and when it's not raining, I forget about it.
Old 04-02-2017, 07:57 AM
Super Moderator
FJOTM Winner

Received 483 Likes on 440 Posts

New door seals eliminated most of the steam on my 2010 and the part number went from an -AM revision to an -AU revision so there have definitely been some changes happening. Door seals are relatively cheap from the dealer, I think I was under $100 for both of them.

Quick Reply: When it Rains