Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Where to find used 6 speed?

Old 12-19-2011, 11:40 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Where to find used 6 speed?

I need a new (used hopefully) manual transmission for my 07 jk. A couple questions, is there any difference in the trannys from year to year, mine is late 07. I don't think there is. Also are there any hemi conversion places in Georgia, South Carolina, North Carolina or Texas? I would like to get a take off rather than a junkyard pull. I tried screamin lizard, jeff'sjeep yard, and burnsville (i think i remembered reading about lots of old engines and trannys available from them) Waiting to hear back from them now.

also went over the fs forum...they are all gone from what i found.

thanks
Old 12-19-2011, 05:21 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ive got a 3.8 motor and 6speed sitting in my garage right now. 64k miles. 09. It will fit any of the jk up to 2012. They are in great condition. All records. I did a hemi swap myself. 5.7 from an 08 durango. Im looking to sell them together. If you plan on keeping the 3.8 you have it would be great for parts in the future. $800. By the way I live in Kingsport TN, but my hometown is Rutherfordton NC just across the border!
Old 12-19-2011, 06:46 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by JKcondrey
Ive got a 3.8 motor and 6speed sitting in my garage right now. 64k miles. 09. It will fit any of the jk up to 2012. They are in great condition. All records. I did a hemi swap myself. 5.7 from an 08 durango. Im looking to sell them together. If you plan on keeping the 3.8 you have it would be great for parts in the future. $800. By the way I live in Kingsport TN, but my hometown is Rutherfordton NC just across the border!
Thats a "smokin" deal. I'm sure it well sell quick..

Quick Reply: Where to find used 6 speed?