Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Who makes the Rubicon e-lockers?

Old 10-11-2006, 11:24 AM
desertman

Default Who makes the Rubicon e-lockers?

Who is the manufacturuer of the 07 Rubicon locking differntials? The previous 06 Rubicon air lockers were sourced from a Japanese supplier.

Does the new E-locker have an exposed external actuator like the Toyota design?
Old 10-11-2006, 12:34 PM
JK-Forum Founder

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

From what I understand, they are made by GKN Driveline who I believe are based in Germany.

Here's an article that was writen in Auto Field Guide that makes mention of it: http://www.autofieldguide.com/articles/100601.html

Old 08-17-2009, 07:13 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thought I'd dust off this thread with what I found out.

GKN is a UK company. In 2005 they acquired Tochigi Fuji Sangyo (TFS) who built the air-actuated units in the TJ Rubicons. In 2006 they announced the EDL, or Electronic Differential Lock now found in the JK Rubis. Their web site refers to it as the Electronic Lock-up Differential but I believe it's the same thing.

May help you get parts, though the JK Parts List only shows it as "CASE KIT, Differential", P/N 68017176AA (front) and 68036128AA (rear).

Quick Reply: Who makes the Rubicon e-lockers?