Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

whos used the crawl tune on flashpac

Old 08-16-2015, 05:34 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default whos used the crawl tune on flashpac

Recently got the 3570 (upgraded to tuner) and messed with it alittle. Anyone use the crawl tune yet on the 3.8 and have any thoughts

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using JK-Forum
Old 08-16-2015, 05:57 PM
JK Enthusiast

Default whos used the crawl tune on flashpac

I used it the last time I went out. I didn't notice much of a difference. I drive a manual though and normally run the tow tune.
Old 08-16-2015, 06:02 PM
JK Enthusiast

I ran it on my Auto 3.8. IDK about the 6 speed, but with the auto, you will know its on. Took me 3 blocks to get it up to 30mph. On the rocks, the wheels hardly ever stopped turning. The throttle was easy to control, pushing it down never gassed it, just slightly increased the speed. Only useful if you're climbing. If you're a mud kind of person, all you're gonna do is drive slow, and maybe get stuck. I loved the shit outta it. Too bad I cant get one for the 15
Old 08-16-2015, 07:10 PM
JK Enthusiast

Yeah we have more mud than anything. Do you recommend the tow tune for offroading then. Fyi I do have an auto

Old 08-17-2015, 10:25 AM
JK Enthusiast

If I knew that I wasnt going to be solely on rocks, I would leave it on the mileage setting, which is what I used for DD.
Old 08-18-2015, 01:28 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I went wheeling with 2 Jeepers that tried it and they hated it. They immediately switched it back, I believe both were automatics. They said they couldn't get up to any kind of speed. I don't know what trails are rock crawling the entire time, but if there is any kind of distance between obstacles, it will take you hours to get to the next one.
Old 08-18-2015, 04:13 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Mr. Incredible
I went wheeling with 2 Jeepers that tried it and they hated it. They immediately switched it back, I believe both were automatics. They said they couldn't get up to any kind of speed. I don't know what trails are rock crawling the entire time, but if there is any kind of distance between obstacles, it will take you hours to get to the next one.
Yeah that wouldn't work up our way. Too much mud

Old 08-19-2015, 01:32 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Crawl mode simply slows the accelerator throttle response input. I actually found it pretty beneficial with my rubicons transfer case in 4low better throttle control with the low gearing

I would only use it if you are rock crawling...that's what it is solely intended for
Old 08-19-2015, 11:51 AM
JK Enthusiast

Right now we are using the 87 oct tune with the tpms shut off. Seems good but like everything else I'd like more.. I saw the tow tune takes the higher oct fuel so im guessing its close to the 92 oct tune

Old 09-07-2015, 05:41 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Jake7978
Crawl mode simply slows the accelerator throttle response input. I actually found it pretty beneficial with my rubicons transfer case in 4low better throttle control with the low gearing I would only use it if you are rock crawling...that's what it is solely intended for
Which is great, but the problem is that it isn't a quick switch back and forth between programs.

Quick Reply: whos used the crawl tune on flashpac