Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Why all the 4 dr jeeps

Old 01-25-2013, 05:54 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SpoonJK
I think people go for the 4 door so they don't have to give the jeep wave as they pass by other jeepers.

Kidding!!
Thanks, now I have to dry the coke zero off my keyboard.
Old 01-25-2013, 06:31 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We have four jeeps in the driveway 2 TJs for the daughters, my LJ Rubi and just got the wife a JKUR. I really like the LJ and the JK is only 6" longer with better approach and departure angles only slighty worse break-over. When I get done putting the same money in mods on it that LJ has it will kick it's ass off-road.
Old 01-26-2013, 01:58 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I always felt that a real Jeep needed to be a 2 dr version. But when I drove the 4dr I found that it was a lot smoother ride than the shorter wheelbase that felt like it was crow hopping horse when driving on a rough road. The 2 dr is probably much more maneuverable in tight trails but I have never had that to be a problem that I couldn't work around. The JKU tends to be much more stable on steep inclines and since I like to do more climbing that was also taken into consideration.

Quick Reply: Why all the 4 dr jeeps