Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Why all the 4 dr jeeps

Old 11-17-2012, 05:42 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

cargo room - the pic is a week camping for 3,nothing on the roof, - I'm 6-2" and can sleep in the back .
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	new 001.jpg
Views:	333
Size:	58.4 KB
ID:	389541  
Old 11-17-2012, 05:46 PM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I had a TJ and the room was tight. I'm 6'4", my son is 6'5", my wife and daughter are 5'6". I felt like we needed the room. I also like the ride much better with the longer wheel base.
Old 11-17-2012, 05:58 PM
JK Freak

I owned 2 CJ5s and and a CJ7 before I bought my JKU. The ride and the cargo capicity in all of them was lacking. Offroad, they were fine, but trying to pack a couple buddies and our snowboards into a CJ5 or 7 sucked. When it came time to buy a JK, my wife said no 2 doors. I'm glad she did. We can sleep in it, carry her bike, my snowboard, and enough camping gear and food for 10 day trips, all inside with no roof racks. 2 doors a great for single dudes or a strictly wheeling rig, but I think four doors are a much better all around vehicle.
Old 11-17-2012, 06:14 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I got my 4 door for kids and storage. and actually 4 doors are better climbers but you have to lift them a little higher to get over some of the obstacles
Old 11-17-2012, 06:15 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by mcgee10
I asked this question in another forum and you would have though I was robbing someone at gun point and then the moderator removed the thread altogether.
The guys I wheel with 10 of them only one has a 4dr jeep. I'm just wondering why they seem so popular, is it for kids?
I'm not going to make the same mistake as last post.
So just let me know why so many are buying a 4 dr jeep?
First jeep, although did have an FJ40, bought a 4 door because can finally justify it with the family and all. The room and ease of access to the back did it for me.
Old 11-17-2012, 06:22 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by panthermark
Seems like a trollish question. But I think the OP is newer....so...as many have already stated.....more room....
How does the room compare with a four door seats folded vs a two door with seats totally removed?

I always run my wranglers two door two seat...

If I had kids I'd probably consider a four door, nothing wrong with them, I think it's great how much they seem to have expanded the customer base for wranglers vs getting some other "Jeep"

Matthew
Old 11-17-2012, 06:33 PM
JK Newbie

This is my 4th Jeep 2 CJ5's and a TJ previously and now a 4 door. Once I had a kid the 4 door was a perfect option to truck around the family, now that I've lifted it with 35's and bumpers and wheeled it a bunch I like it more than any to the two doors. Steep hills aren't such a pucker factor anymore!
Old 11-17-2012, 06:37 PM
JK Enthusiast

I'm in my seventh Jeep, I now own my 1st 4door. I love the room, but in all honestly when I saw the 4door for the first time, I feel in love with the look..... IMHO. 4door is the best Jeep model and look of all time. IMO
Old 11-17-2012, 07:01 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ZERO LIMITZ
I'm in my seventh Jeep, I now own my 1st 4door. I love the room, but in all honestly when I saw the 4door for the first time, I feel in love with the look..... IMHO. 4door is the best Jeep model and look of all time. IMO
Absolutely agree.
Old 11-17-2012, 07:01 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Matthewd5
How does the room compare with a four door seats folded vs a two door with seats totally removed?

I always run my wranglers two door two seat...

If I had kids I'd probably consider a four door, nothing wrong with them, I think it's great how much they seem to have expanded the customer base for wranglers vs getting some other "Jeep"

Matthew
Last weekend we camped with a couple in a 2 door. They slept in their jeep as well. He was just over 6', and they set it up so the slept diagonally, with their heads towards the passengers front seat. It's doable, but they described it as "cozy". A couple with a small kid could sleep in the back of a four door fairly comfortably I think. We could easily fit a twin airmatress in ours, provided we didn't fully inflate it to allow it to "mold" to the shape. A thick foam mattress could be custom cut to maximise sleeping space though. The twin air mattress I used a couple times was a little long, but the width was perfect. However, just like sleeping in a tent, getting up to have a leak still sucked.

Quick Reply: Why all the 4 dr jeeps