Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Windshield Bullseye Repair

Old 01-22-2014, 02:42 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Windshield Bullseye Repair

1st windshield hit today. Anything I can buy to repair a "bullseye?"
Old 01-22-2014, 03:21 PM
JK Newbie

Had mine (other vehicle) done by safelite. I did not have to pay the deductible on my glass coverage.
Old 01-22-2014, 03:41 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Inspmark
Had mine (other vehicle) done by safelite. I did not have to pay the deductible on my glass coverage.
Did they repair or replace the windshield? If replaced, did you get the "Jeep" windshield!
Old 01-22-2014, 03:42 PM
JK Freak

They have cheap kits you can buy, I've used one before. Last time I had it professionally done, major improvement. If it's in your field if view, they may not do it though.

It would have cost me $75, but my insurance covered it
Old 01-22-2014, 04:07 PM
JK Freak

I just had safelite do one in my car, even in the field of vision. It's free to fix as long as it can be covered by a dollar bill. If it's bigger than that they will replace at the cost of your glass deductible. That being said I just got a small nick in my jeep today too.... Damn salt on the roads!! Leave the snow and just let jeeps on the road.
Old 01-22-2014, 05:11 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by trouty33
I just had safelite do one in my car, even in the field of vision. It's free to fix as long as it can be covered by a dollar bill. If it's bigger than that they will replace at the cost of your glass deductible. That being said I just got a small nick in my jeep today too.... Damn salt on the roads!! Leave the snow and just let jeeps on the road.
Great info thank you! Mine is in the FOV and its
about the size of a pinhead. Fresh from salt on the roads this AM as well. Aaaaargh...
Old 01-22-2014, 08:47 PM
JK Junkie

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts
Default lol mine too saflite on thier way friday to

repair the tiny nick mines about 3 or 4 inches up on left out of sight , hey I was gonna leave it but they come fix it and worth a shot right im not sure if it works well never had one done interesting enough and if it dosent work well then replace it if it does it certainly saves any chance of bad installment or leaks my chip was the size of a pen tip if that can hardly see it so should fix up easy id hope !
Old 01-23-2014, 03:20 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by jeepmojo
repair the tiny nick mines about 3 or 4 inches up on left out of sight , hey I was gonna leave it but they come fix it and worth a shot right im not sure if it works well never had one done interesting enough and if it dosent work well then replace it if it does it certainly saves any chance of bad installment or leaks my chip was the size of a pen tip if that can hardly see it so should fix up easy id hope !
Absolutely! Replacement is a pain and if the repair would work, it would save quite a bit of inconvenience and possibly even quan! Thx JeepMojo!
Old 01-23-2014, 04:33 AM
JK Junkie

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts
Default but i did read bad reviews on safelite so i canceld apointment

local auto glass company localy has a place indoors and will do repair they said , im not saying safelite isn't ok I just don't want to chance it when thiers a place I know that has right place to do it indoors and its going to be -15 to -25 with winds I don't want that done out doors at that temp , u might want to call your local auto glass business before having them come to you ???
Old 01-23-2014, 04:58 AM
JK Freak

Mine is about the size of a pin hard as well so I am not sure if it needs to be fixed. I've had 6-7 fixed in the last few years and it's always worked well, and if not and it breaks they pay to replace it. As mentioned above with the weather at below 0 numbers I'm not sure it would work and being very rural we don't have a local place to do it, I'd have to drive about an hour to get to the same place that would come do it...

Quick Reply: Windshield Bullseye Repair