Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Winter Soft Top storage

Old 10-01-2008, 05:10 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I hate mices to pieces

Last winter I stored my TJ top in my shed and mice ate a 1" hole in it right over the passenger seat, my wife got wet when it rained, so don't do that without wrapping it tight.
Old 10-02-2008, 08:09 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by nytruckee
Last winter I stored my TJ top in my shed and mice ate a 1" hole in it right over the passenger seat, my wife got wet when it rained, so don't do that without wrapping it tight.
Good point. I was going to mention the mouse thing also. When I store my Miata for the winter I place Bounce dryer sheets in the cabin and trunk. That generally does a good job of keeping the mice away (go figure)...and it keeps the car smelling 'Mountain Fresh' in the spring.

I woundn't place the dryer sheets directly on the top material but somewhere close should do it.
Old 10-02-2008, 01:38 PM
JK Newbie

I just store mine on the lift I made for mine.....
Old 10-02-2008, 08:25 PM
JK Enthusiast

I will most likely end up storing mine on top of the moving table I built for the hard top. That time is fast approaching with snow due later this weekend....
Old 10-03-2008, 04:59 PM
JK Newbie

When I traded in my 91 YJ (with hard top) last year, I was concerned that a JK 4dr with a soft top couldn't survive in a climate that gets about 100 inches of snow a year. I was wrong. No leaks or deterioration of the fabric after one year. I has held up to the elements with only minor scratches on the plastic windows which are to be expected. So my advice would be to sell the hard top and store the soft top on your Jeep.
Old 10-03-2008, 05:32 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by bluerubicon08
I saw those big stickers, but why can't you? Any Idea?
When the soft top comes packaged new it takes up a great deal of space, that is one reason why you would not want to run with the top in the back the other may be that the hard top will not fit over the channels that need to be installed to hold the soft top on...

2007 Sahara
BFG Muddies on Black Pro Extremes
Pure Jeep sliders
Rugged Ridge Front Bumper w/shackles
Old 10-03-2008, 05:39 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Shellikins
I'll have to wrap mine up in a blanket or something... When I put the soft top on last year, the snaps ripped, so I just threw the whole thing out. I wasn't even thinking I would need it again.

Not sure WHERE to store it, since I have a condo... no garage.

Ugh, I want a house... WITH a garage!
I used the space under my bed when I was in my town house...My wife loves the Jeep as much as I do but not enough to store the top in the dining room, I had to chain the hardtop to the fence in the summer

Quick Reply: Winter Soft Top storage