Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Won't start

Old 03-17-2015, 03:08 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Won't start

Hopefully you guys can help me figure out what my problem is. My 2012 Jeep Rubicon Unlimited has been running just fine with no problems. Last night I change the brakes on the rear of my jeep and everything went fine. I drove it back to the auto parts store and got some more things and then came home and parked it. This morning I went out to start it and it wouldn't start it was like the battery was dead. I tried jumping it and after I hooked my charger up to it the battery showed fine. After a few minutes of everything worked alright except it wouldn't turn over it would just click. I get a quick flash on the dash that says no fuse. I thought it might be my IOD excepts it doesn't look blown how can I tell. Anybody have any other ideas.
Old 03-17-2015, 03:12 AM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Does it have the original battery? It may just need a new battery. Stock batteries don't last long.
Old 03-17-2015, 03:24 AM
JK Newbie

It has original battery. It's showing fully charged and all the lights and bells are bright.
Old 03-17-2015, 04:38 AM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I think it's the battery. My stock battery lasted less than two years. Have you had it tested at an autoparts store?
Old 03-17-2015, 09:39 AM
JK Newbie

You were right. Dead cell in the battery. They just don't make battery's that last like they used to. Especially when you put a bunch of charging ports and satellite and navigation on everything. It should have had a better battery.

Quick Reply: Won't start