Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Yet another problem..

Old 05-03-2008, 02:09 PM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Yet another problem..

Well with 2800K on the clock this thing just gets worse and worse. Now in addition to the transmission shudder I have another problem. When getting out of a parallel parking spot, as I hold my foot down on the brake either in drive or reverse and turn the wheel all the way, its making a creaking noise. It does this about 50% of the time. Any clue what might be causing this? Going to the dealer next week for the Tranny and also this. The nightmare continues. I got rid of a MINI Cooper cause of problems and bought myself into a whole new world of problems it seems.
Old 05-03-2008, 02:50 PM
JK Jedi

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Hellbound13
Well with 2800K on the clock this thing just gets worse and worse. Now in addition to the transmission shudder I have another problem. When getting out of a parallel parking spot, as I hold my foot down on the brake either in drive or reverse and turn the wheel all the way, its making a creaking noise. It does this about 50% of the time. Any clue what might be causing this? Going to the dealer next week for the Tranny and also this. The nightmare continues. I got rid of a MINI Cooper cause of problems and bought myself into a whole new world of problems it seems.
It could be just the rotors rotating through the brake pads. If it is, it's normal. The wheels HAVE to rotate as they are being turned while still because of the suspension geometry. If you only have your foot just "on" the brake and not slap locked down, that's probably what it is.
Old 05-03-2008, 06:26 PM
JK Junkie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

X2, rotor creak....
Old 05-03-2008, 06:52 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just a word of advise, don't listen to every creak, groan and rattle int he JK, you'll drive yourself crazy. There are alot of them. Once you get over it, then you can really start enjoying your Jeep. Just my 2 cents.
Old 05-03-2008, 07:36 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My JK makes all kinds of cool noises. I look at it this way.

"It started, it's running, it gets me where I'm going, when I get to where I'm going, it will get me home again. Make all the creepy noises you want Jeep."

Quick Reply: Yet another problem..