Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Your snowplow experience on a 07+ JK?

Old 10-31-2015, 09:33 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Your snowplow experience on a 07+ JK?

Looking at the Meyer HomePro 26000 "Full-powered" 6'8" plow (front receiver hookup) for clearing just a couple driveways in my Colorado neighborhood. Anyone got JK plowing experience, opinions, suggestions, similar plows? How hard are they on the Jeeps? I'm all ears. Thanks
Old 10-31-2015, 10:15 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Boss ,SnowDogg, and Blizzard are some common brands. Go with a good LOCAL dealer if you can . Plows only break during snowstorms LOL.

I plowed for many years but not with my JK. I have been tempted many times to put a plow on but they are cost prohibitive and hard on your Jeep. You can buy a complete old plow truck for what a new plow costs for a JK.

Plowsite,com is a good resource.
Old 11-01-2015, 04:19 AM
JK Super Freak

For home use I might consider a plough for a JK maybe wouldn't get into commercial work with my DD.

I've got many years of snow Ploughing hours in 3/4 ton pick ups, and they take a beating even when you drive careful

Lately been rocking 120+ HP tractor with a 19' "airport plough" that seems solid to me.
Old 11-01-2015, 06:52 AM
JK Newbie

I've plowed with my 08 for a few years. Moved allot of snow with no problems at all.
Old 11-01-2015, 04:34 PM
JK Enthusiast

I run an 8 ft Boss V on my TJ and a 7ft 6 Boss V on my JK Both are beefed up to handle the weight. But I am sure the unit bearings are going to be a weak link. Boss does sell a lighter weight sport duty straight blade. That would still be a quality plow. I know a guy around here plows his carwash with his.
Old 11-02-2015, 10:51 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default plow

Went from a shortened meyer plow on my tj to a SnowDogg MD75 stainless plow on my JK a number of years ago to plow my 700ft driveway. Plow has held up remarkably well compared to the meyer which seemed to break something every snow storm. And the JK has held together reasonably well too. Just did my brakes at 125k miles and replaced a number of components on the front end like ball joints, tie rod, drag link. I am sure plowing contributed to the wear but 125k miles is a lot regardless.

The JK is great for plowing but I would not want to do more than 1 or 2 driveways with it.
Old 11-02-2015, 03:27 PM
JK Newbie

Put a Fisher Homesteader series plow (6'-8") on my 4dr JK about 1 yr ago - no issues, works great. Used only for my drive. Quick connect/disconnect works fine. As said earlier, more important to go with whoever is the local dealer/service shop.
Old 11-02-2015, 03:45 PM
JK Newbie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If you plan on doing it allot I would look into stiffer front springs. There is a 2 dr rubicon near me that is used to do the guys commercial lot and the thing look like its ready to do an endo. Not sure what size it is but it doesn't look like it takes the weight good I can tell you that.
Old 11-03-2015, 06:25 AM
JK Newbie

I also installed a Fisher Homesteader on my 08 JK and it's worked great for the last 6 years. Just remember you will lose your warranty from jeep.
Old 11-03-2015, 08:28 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Don't most snowplow mounts hang down low beneath the bumper? I do not see how you could offroad without losing a lot of clearance/approach angle in the front unless you pulled that mount frame off every spring.

Quick Reply: Your snowplow experience on a 07+ JK?