Notices
Topless for TATAs JK-Forum is proud to partner with Topless For TATAs in support of breast cancer awareness. Each year Topless for TATAs hosts a charity wheeling event at Rausch Creek Offroad Park in Tremont, PA. Proceeds from the event are donated to the Breast Cancer Research Foundation.

2015 Topless for TATAs

Old 01-11-2015, 05:27 AM
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I wish I knew about this last year. I would have given you my wife's jeep to use for it…. would have been good advertising.

The following users liked this post:
AssolMarandy (05-20-2022)
Old 01-11-2015, 05:43 AM
JK Freak

We opted to not go this year :(

We drive too far to not wheel. At 500 Jeeps the park can get pretty full, especially if you are looking for more challenging trails. With this year having 700 Jeeps we just couldn't justify the trip.

Great people and great event.... It's just gotten a little too big for us.
Old 01-11-2015, 06:06 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jnabird333
We opted to not go this year :( We drive too far to not wheel. At 500 Jeeps the park can get pretty full, especially if you are looking for more challenging trails. With this year having 700 Jeeps we just couldn't justify the trip. Great people and great event.... It's just gotten a little too big for us.
Same for us. We did the last two years, but it is just too big. Great event and cause though.
Old 01-17-2015, 09:57 AM
JK Junkie

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by PirateKitty
Hi! You can also go to https://toplessfortatas.com and there is a Donate section on the registration form.
Thanks, Kitty. Wasn't expecting a hand-written card and a decal. Put it on my wife's Jeep.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
TFT 006.jpg (68.8 KB, 85 views)
Old 01-17-2015, 10:30 AM
JK Enthusiast

Awesome! Hoping to make it out this year
Old 01-19-2015, 04:16 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by 14Sport
Thanks, Kitty. Wasn't expecting a hand-written card and a decal. Put it on my wife's Jeep.
I received a hand written note and decal as well. You usually don't see that anymore so it was really appreciated to get that in the mail. Can't wait for the event!!
Old 01-20-2015, 01:41 AM
JK Junkie

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by ACJK22
I received a hand written note and decal as well. You usually don't see that anymore so it was really appreciated to get that in the mail. Can't wait for the event!!
You don't see that anymore I think it's awesome.
Old 01-29-2015, 03:05 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by jnabird333
We opted to not go this year :(

We drive too far to not wheel. At 500 Jeeps the park can get pretty full, especially if you are looking for more challenging trails. With this year having 700 Jeeps we just couldn't justify the trip.

Great people and great event.... It's just gotten a little too big for us.
Originally Posted by Ringer
Same for us. We did the last two years, but it is just too big. Great event and cause though.
Maybe its because I guide Blue and Green groups or maybe its just no one likes the same trails I do but even last year with over 500 registered Jeeps for most of the weekend it felt like we had the park to ourselves. We were one of the last groups to leave the staging area last year and still we only saw other groups on a couple of trails and the only place it slowed us down a little was the Topless for TATAs trail which for obvious reasons is very busy during the event. This has been my experience pretty much every year year I have attended.
Old 01-29-2015, 04:18 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Jeepin Dad
Maybe its because I guide Blue and Green groups or maybe its just no one likes the same trails I do but even last year with over 500 registered Jeeps for most of the weekend it felt like we had the park to ourselves. We were one of the last groups to leave the staging area last year and still we only saw other groups on a couple of trails and the only place it slowed us down a little was the Topless for TATAs trail which for obvious reasons is very busy during the event. This has been my experience pretty much every year year I have attended.
I do think the group level has a lot to do with it. When we did greens and even the green/blues a few years ago this was our impression. Unfortunately, as we have moved up to blacks and some reds this feeling subsided. Last year it seemed like we were unable to shake other groups no matter where we went. The best part of the weekend was on the tail end of Sunday as most of the participants had left.

Another issue I had was people signing up for the wrong group and then the guides dropping to the weakest link's desired levels. My guide least year did a good job to push everyone but over half of our group wanted greens/blues all day yet signed up for much harder trails.

I retain that this is a great event and run by great people. But with a pretty full schedule and lots of traveling for 15' we decided that the added participants was the last straw for us.
Old 05-06-2015, 04:53 PM
JK Enthusiast

Sounds like it may be time to add a West Coast Event? I hope so! Great cause! I want to buy a tshirt for me and a tank for the wife and daughter.

Quick Reply: 2015 Topless for TATAs