Notices
VENGEANCE - The Curmudgeons Revenge JK Build This forum is dedicated to our good friend HappyCurmudgeon who recently lost his fight against Sarcoma Cancer. Information on how you can help provide hope for his family can be found here.

Help Provide Hope for HappyCurmudgeon

Old 12-27-2009, 01:43 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Donation

I would like to make a contribution, but do not have a facebook account which is required to do so. Is there any other online ways to do this via credit card. If not, can I get a mailing address to send a check?

Chris
Old 12-27-2009, 04:13 PM
JK Jedi Master

Originally Posted by idranoelac
I would like to make a contribution, but do not have a facebook account which is required to do so. Is there any other online ways to do this via credit card. If not, can I get a mailing address to send a check?

Chris
PayPal gifts can be sent to: kennethofferbeck@netscape.net
Old 12-28-2009, 02:22 PM
Former Vendor

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Ken

We at Rock Krawler Suspension are sincerely sorry to hear about your battle with cancer. Cancer has touched everyone in some way, some how. We will do our best for you in support of your silent auction. We hope you do you best to enjoy the holidays. We will wait for Eddie's instructions on how to take the process to the next step! Good luck and God Bless.

The Rock Krawler Family
Old 12-28-2009, 03:17 PM
JK Enthusiast

Default Thank you from Ken,April and our Daughters...

Hi Everyone,

I wanted to take a moment and thank every single person who has prayed, thought of us, talked, donated parts, donated hard earned money, and their time to help our family during this time. This situation has hit us head on, and have made it a point to keep hitting it back.
The holidays were wonderful, and we loved watching our daughters and extended family open presents.. our 3yr old who loves dinosaurs...is loving it. Santa bought her alot of them thanks daddy

Thank you to all the mods... you guys,and girls... have been such a great support to ken though this and so much more, you mods arent just mods you all are friends, and that is worth so much more!! I appreciate that he has someone he can talk to if he dont want to worry me,although tell him to talk to me anyway

Thank you Eddie and Cindy for all you have done for our family. We appreciate all the help you have put together for us... there is no way to let you know how much we really do appreciate it.

Sponsors.... Every jeeper loves PARTS !!! thank you for all of you who are lending a helping hand and donating to the auction to help our family though this, you are being so generous.... Thank YOU!

Fellow JEEPERS... which better apply to all of the above
Thank you for being a part of our life... every post isnt just a post...
its another way to meet a new friend.... that is always great.
The next time you are all on a jeep run.... PLEASE GO ROCK CRAWLING FOR US!!! just when you think your having the most fun, at that moment say..... there ya go KEN!
then... look over at me... cause you have to take me with! jk..

I am right here next to the man of my dreams... and I am aways by his side and will continue to be til the end of time.
So thank you to ALL OF YOU ..... FOR ALL THAT YOU ARE ALL DOING

OUR FAMILY APPRECIATES YOU !!!
Old 12-28-2009, 06:03 PM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Thoughts and Prayers

Happy,

My thoughts and prayers go out to you and your family. I'm pretty sure you don't have an expiration date stamped on you anywhere! Keep up the fight!! You have thousands of Jeepers Rootin for you!

-Clackey
Old 12-28-2009, 11:52 PM
JK Enthusiast

Default Kind Gesture

Originally Posted by trick50
Ken, you don't know me I'm just some guy in Long Island who bought a jeep cuz my wife was pregnant and I had to trade in my two seater for an Suv. It is guys like you that have taught me and helped me see the light and realize that I did not buy an SUV. I bought a jeep which is more then a vehicle it is a way of life, an attitude, it is the uniform that us rare few wear that says "there are still some good people left in the world". And again while I do not know you I have read enough of your posts and listened in when you answered the questions of others that I may not have thought to ask....

I know that you probably feel like shit right now and your tired. Just remember that you are fighting this fight for your beautiful wife and son. Think of the smile on your son's face and how good it feels when you come home from work and your wife and son greet you at the door with a big hug. So as exhausting as this fight is and as tiring as this battle may be, when your down and you don't feel like you have an ounce of energy left in you and you just want to give up and rest. Close your eyes and think of all the amazing things in your life and how you refuse to give that up. Stay strong and keep fighting. Cuz this spring I'm gonna lift my jeep finally and I'll need all the help I can get lol. jk

I have had some tough times this year myself. Lost my job 3 weeks after my wife gave birth to our first child. It took my ten long months of countless interviews and sending resumes out and feeling like a loser many sleepless nights it got so bad I thought the only way I'd be able to get to sleep and make my problems go away was with a warm gun on the pillow. But I couldn't do that to my son, my wife and I couldn't possible continue on in whatever afterlife may await without having them with me. So finally almost 11 months later I found a job, even better then the one I had. And things are finally starting to turn around. Now I'm not outa the woods completely (financially) and with the holidays and tomorrow being my sons first bday. Cash is almost zero. I've maxed out all credit cards, and exhausted all savings.

But I get paid on friday and once the minimum payments are paid on my credit cards, and I have gas for the two weeks till the next check whatever I have left I'm sending your way. It won't be much, but I'll do my best.

You and your family will be in my prayers.

Keep your chin up and stay strong. You WILL BEAT THIS.

Just to let you know...you are a kind man! Just read you kind words and wishes to Ken. Our thoughts and prayers for him and his family. I'll include you and your family in mine as well.

Al
Old 12-29-2009, 06:52 AM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

my prayers are with you and your family ken. cancer is a bastard and i am sure u will keep fighting!!
Old 12-29-2009, 10:49 AM
Sponsoring Manufacturer
MBRP Representative

I just received the heads up on Ken's situation. Nice to see emails and Pm's going out to help a fellow Jeeper.

Ken, everyone is behind you as you can see by each of these posts. I just wanted to let you know that we here at MBRP are thinking and praying for you and your family in your time of need. Don't underestimate the power of prayer, God can do anything.

Martin Barkey
Old 12-29-2009, 01:44 PM
Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by MB JEEPER
... Don't underestimate the power of prayer, God can do anything.
Amen! My family will be praying for you.

I have also been in contact with WOL on behalf of DieTech OffRoad and will do what we can to help out with the auction/raffle or whatever is worked out.
Old 12-29-2009, 02:28 PM
Eternal ***erator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

thanks guys, all the support really is a godsend

Quick Reply: Help Provide Hope for HappyCurmudgeon