Notices
VENGEANCE - The Curmudgeons Revenge JK Build This forum is dedicated to our good friend HappyCurmudgeon who recently lost his fight against Sarcoma Cancer. Information on how you can help provide hope for his family can be found here.

I dont have good news to share - Rest in Peace 12/27/2011

Old 09-10-2011, 07:50 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by HappyCurmudgeon
I always fight, every day. I owe my wife and daughters every ounce of fight i have within me and I cannot and will not give up, because giving up means giving up on them, and I simply can NOT do that. They are my rock, and truth be told i need them far more than they need me.

~get pretty scared from time to time though, even though i dont let on to them that I am. Like now for instance. This pain not going away & some new pains developing leaves me wondering what is growing in there, ya know? I am out of lung tissue for them to remove, I am missing half of each lung. So, the thought of something growing in the area where the pain is would only be in my lungs if it is the tumors coming back. I am hoping it is just part of the healing process, but wont know anything for 2-1/2 weeks, and waiting SUCKS.

Seeing me scared would scare them, so I keep it under wraps and plow forward into the unknown.

HappyCurm,

I was young when my Dad had lung cancer and they removed one of his lungs but I was 37 when he had a sarcoma come up on his back and they had to operate on it.

I can tell you that there is ALOT of healing that needs to be done after they do all of that. Not only there is scar tissue trying to heal but nerves and fluid will take the place that there was once lung tissue.

So, please try not to worry and think that the cancer is coming back. Try and focus on the possibility that it's just healing pains. Also, they should be able to help you with your pain. You don't want to get addicted to pain killers but you sure don't want to be in alot of pain because that will just beat you down mentally.

Here's to you, your fight and your family. Keep your chin up and keep on truckin. I'm keeping you in my thoughts.
Old 09-15-2011, 06:34 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by HappyCurmudgeon
I always fight, every day. I owe my wife and daughters every ounce of fight i have within me and I cannot and will not give up, because giving up means giving up on them, and I simply can NOT do that. They are my rock, and truth be told i need them far more than they need me.

~get pretty scared from time to time though, even though i dont let on to them that I am. Like now for instance. This pain not going away & some new pains developing leaves me wondering what is growing in there, ya know? I am out of lung tissue for them to remove, I am missing half of each lung. So, the thought of something growing in the area where the pain is would only be in my lungs if it is the tumors coming back. I am hoping it is just part of the healing process, but wont know anything for 2-1/2 weeks, and waiting SUCKS.

Seeing me scared would scare them, so I keep it under wraps and plow forward into the unknown.
I'm new to this forum, but wanted to offer a few points of support and relate-ability.

I am so incredibly sorry to read about what you are going through, both for you and your family.

As a man of questionable morals, I am making a valiant attempt to settle down with a woman who I believe is of the greatest cut and quality... three months ago, approximately seven months after we started seeing each other, she was diagnosed with ovarian cancer... which spread. It now looks like the lymphoma will take her before the masses in her girly nether regions. For the first two months she refused to fight it, stating that it wasn't worth the energy or effort. Needless to say, it led to many long talks. She eventually succumbed to my assurance that she should fight this and give her (and us) more good days. The point: It warms me to read that you are resilient, strong.

:Jeep-bro-hug:

Best,

JB
Old 09-17-2011, 06:25 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Joe Boxer
I'm new to this forum, but wanted to offer a few points of support and relate-ability.

I am so incredibly sorry to read about what you are going through, both for you and your family.

As a man of questionable morals, I am making a valiant attempt to settle down with a woman who I believe is of the greatest cut and quality... three months ago, approximately seven months after we started seeing each other, she was diagnosed with ovarian cancer... which spread. It now looks like the lymphoma will take her before the masses in her girly nether regions. For the first two months she refused to fight it, stating that it wasn't worth the energy or effort. Needless to say, it led to many long talks. She eventually succumbed to my assurance that she should fight this and give her (and us) more good days. The point: It warms me to read that you are resilient, strong.

Best,

JB

Joe~~ as a Leukemia survivor, I can tell you, and I know YOU know, I just hope SHE knows~~ "LIFE IS SHORT~~ LIVE IT"!!!!!
She now has YOU to live for!!! I send prayers of strength to you and to your new lady..best of luck!!

There IS so much to live for, it is awesome to know that we are ALL fighting to live!!!! God Bless us all!!!
Old 09-18-2011, 06:32 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by JnRStel
Joe~~ as a Leukemia survivor, I can tell you, and I know YOU know, I just hope SHE knows~~ "LIFE IS SHORT~~ LIVE IT"!!!!!
She now has YOU to live for!!! I send prayers of strength to you and to your new lady..best of luck!!

There IS so much to live for, it is awesome to know that we are ALL fighting to live!!!! God Bless us all!!!
She's coming around to the mantra I live my life by: "If you take life too seriously, you'll never get out alive." Effectively; stop, smell the roses, take very little seriously.

Thank you for the well-wishes.
Old 09-19-2011, 03:49 AM
Eternal ***erator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Joe Boxer

Best,

JB
I havent been in this thread for a few days, I appologize for missing this earlier.

I am so very sorry to hear about the ovarian cancer, and that it has spread.

For what it is worth, i do understand her original stance, very much so As i felt the same way. The sarcoma I have started in my leg, then moved to my lungs. That news was devastating. It makes you feel entirely helpless. Like "Why bother?". I said the same thing to myself many times. Why bother fighting something that is spreading faster than they can cut it out of me?, it is relentless and I only have so many pieces they can take before i am in a hopeless situation. So far it isnt in my lymph system but I have been told and warned that it eventually will be. So far so good, but it is only a matter of time before it gets there, If it isnt already.

It took me quite some time to get my feet back under me and get around the original sucker punch of finding out I had cancer, and then finding out it was spreading, pretty much out of control. So i totally understand why she felt that way.

I am very glad she has chosen to fight it. That is a very difficult decision to come to and I admire the resolve she has in chosing to fight, and the courage it takes to stand against it. The time with your family and those you love is worth fighting for, every second of it. I spoke with many cancer patients while i was hospitalized for weeks on end, and that is something all the ones who chose to fight share; an unwavering determination to spend every last possible moment with those they love. I saw this in the youngest children to the elderly, and it DOES make a difference. The ones that chose to fight are the survivors, the ones who beat it. Talk to any Oncologist and they will tell you that attitude means everything.

There where some things said way back in this thread that i repeat to myself frequently throughout every day.

"Someday this cancer might kill me, but NOT today." & "I have cancer, but cancer does NOT have ME."
maybe those two statements of resolve would help her, Lord knows they help me.

I hope she continues to fight and proves the odds wrong so that you have a very long & happy life together.
Old 09-19-2011, 03:50 AM
Eternal ***erator

Originally Posted by JnRStel

Congratulations on being a survivor!
Old 09-19-2011, 04:18 AM
JK Super Freak

Keep bringing the fight! It is true about a positive attitude and optimisim is everything in a battle like this.
Old 09-19-2011, 04:23 AM
Eternal ***erator

Default Things i think about every day.

• I am thankful for my wife who is my best friend as well. She has stood by my side unwavering through all of this, when lesser women would have run screaming for the door.
  • I am thankful for my beautiful little 5yr old girl, she is my pride & joy and I cannot imagine what life was like before she arrived.
  • I am thankful for my family, as it is them whom i fight for.
  • I am thankful for my friends, both here on the forum and near my home. I have come to know who my true friends are & what true friendship really is. I have also found out how utterly selfish, unbelievably hateful, and deplorable human beings some people can be, which just makes me love my friends and family that much more.
  • I am thankful for my health. As odd as that may sound, I am still healthy enough to fight. Hopefully that strength, both mental and physical continues.
  • I am thankful for my job. My boss has been exemplary with granting me time off to fight this monster. I couldnt ask for a better job or nicer people to work with.
  • I am thankful I still have my home. Making the bills is getting increasingly difficult but so far we are holding onto it, although i fear it may well be a losing battle. If for some reason i lose my job or am forced into more months of time off then the house will be gone. Funds are simply not there to pay those bills if my income gets hacked any more. My savings has long since been emptied and I have no time off from work. Vacations and sick time are long gone, and banked into the future.
  • I am thankful I still have my Jeep and my wifes car. the only reason i still have them though is that getting rid of either would cost me more money than I would save at this point. The day is coming though where the Jeep will get sold to make bills and we will just have to make do with one vehicle.
  • I am thankful for this forum and the people i have met and talked to because of it. Being a moderator here gives me something else to think about, a much needed diversion from doing nothing but talking about impending doom and worrying about bills I simply cant pay.
  • I am so very thankful for the Admin of this site who have been true friends through all of this and helped me however they could through simple words of encouragement and setting up the eBay auctions on my behalf. The money raised from those auctions because of our wonderful sponsors, and through simple donations from members, has helped us through some very dark and uncertain financial times. It allowed a christmas for my little girl, which she otherwise would not have recieved. Also without them, the house would have been lost last summer for sure. I had already spoken with a realtor about listing it. but we squeeked through, simply because of the offroad communities support, which i am eternally grateful for. The selfless generosity of everyone is heartwarming. I hope that i live long enough to begin to repay that debt going forward by helping those I can, in whatever way I can as they have me.
  • I am thankful for this day, as it is one more day I can work to support my family, and come home to them in our own house. Every day like that is a gift & one that i always cherish.
Old 09-22-2011, 02:32 PM
JK Enthusiast

I'm new to this list-server on Jeeps as I just purchased one (2011 JK Rubi) last month, but I'm not new to helping so many great people fight the good fight against cancer in my role as a Pastor. I won't offer any cute platitudes but I will offer that which I know how to do the best - and that is to pray for you. Not sure where you stand with the Lord, and iot doesn't matter as much as where He stands for you - He's on your side, and always will be.

Blessings to you, I'll be fighting for you on my knees.
Old 09-25-2011, 03:25 PM
JK Newbie

Stay strong mate !!!

Quick Reply: I dont have good news to share - Rest in Peace 12/27/2011