Notices
Wanted Make it easier for people to clean out their garage by letting them know you want their dust collectors. Post the things you want and/or are looking for here.

Gray freedom top for your black freedom top

Old 07-29-2012, 09:11 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by fadeout
I wonder why I saw my stuff get sprayed and they could easily tape it off. You can even double tape it inside then tuck the tape in from the outside into the surrounding edge. You might get a small bit of over spray but nothing crazy. And you wouldn't see it anyway. Don't bother removing the glass its more work than is needed.
I know what you mean. I rather not even mess with taking the glass out in fear that it breaks... I am a big fan of that new FROG tape!! You mention you saw your stuff get sprayed..your top, i assume? If so do you have the interior sides of the top sprayed?
Old 07-29-2012, 10:04 PM
JK Junkie

Nah I watched them spray my tire carrier and some armor its not like they're blasting the stuff so its not gonna break the glass or anything. And I actually sprayed my own interior with bed liner masked the windows and it came out perfect. The outside I would line-x due to the fact that the can bedliner will fade over time while line-x they can add in a UV protectant that's good for 10+ years.
Old 07-29-2012, 10:45 PM
JK Freak

I met worrying about the glass breaking while out of the top.... I have curious small kids
I have my own experience with bedliner. I bedlined over all my chrome on my Titan. Do it yourself applications on the front of a truck is a PITA to maintain. PlastiDip has become overwhelmingly popular with the Titan crowd...and have sprayed plenty of that too. Its a cheap alternative, but definately not durable for trail use. I dont seem to be getting any interest...so I will probably be taping it off myself and getting it Line X'd. (could be b/c of my misleading thread title....I cant seem to edit/delete this thread to correct it)

Quick Reply: Gray freedom top for your black freedom top