Notices
Wanted Make it easier for people to clean out their garage by letting them know you want their dust collectors. Post the things you want and/or are looking for here.

HELP!!! Need rear wiper motor/ Help with computer error after installing hard top

Old 01-07-2011, 12:08 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry HELP!!! Need rear wiper motor/ Help with computer error after installing hard top

I have a 2008 JK Unlimited and need to replace the rear wiper motor. When I try to shut it off it stops in the middle of the window. I have to continue to turn it on and off until it levels out at the top. I purchased the hard top 2nd hand and had the dealer install the MOPAR wiring harness but it was throwing an error on the diagnostics tool when they were adding it to the Vin after. As a result, when I went to get my jeep inspected today, it failed the inspection for an error code with the emmisions. The guy told me that they probably did not plug a memory stick in the cigarett lighter plug to prevent the memory from clearing when they disconnected the battery. He said I should be able to drive for about 150 miles and it will clear the error. Problem is, I believe I have already driven 150 miles since the battery was disconnected and now I cant get it inspected or make the wiper work correctly. The dealership said they were going to charge 90 bucks minimum for diagnostics since I didnt buy the hard top from them, saying it's probably a defective motor. So the questions is, where do I find a motor and or how do I fix the problem with out taking the jeep in for a minimum 90 dollar charge? I have searched by part number 68002489AA which I believe is the correct part and the only place I found a remanufactured motor is JC whitney for 51.99 found here: http://www.jcwhitney.com/wiper-motor...uestid=1656087

Quick Reply: HELP!!! Need rear wiper motor/ Help with computer error after installing hard top