Notices
Wanted Make it easier for people to clean out their garage by letting them know you want their dust collectors. Post the things you want and/or are looking for here.

jk Half Doors

Old 01-01-2008, 08:38 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default jk Half Doors

HI everyone I am looking to buy Factory Half doors for my 2007 Sahara..Dark red color is perfered with the khaki interior!!

Let me know if anyone finds some..

Happy New Year, Phil
Old 01-01-2008, 08:43 PM
JK Newbie

Does anyone know if jeep will offer an aftermarket half door kit (a set of complete half doors that only need to be painted) in the future? If so what will the cost be. This is just an idea/question. Sorry if I may have hijacked your thread.
Old 01-05-2008, 07:24 PM
JK Newbie

Default half doors

Ive tired asking and searching all over for factory half doors, all ive heard is that factory half doors are only available from the dealer for a fortune, and that it will be a while before there are aftermarket half doors available.
Old 01-05-2008, 08:47 PM
JK Newbie

I Keep asking about the doors but I don't get much. No one knows whats going on. I think they are saying: "these Jeepers are so stupid that eventually they will buy them regardless of price"

I don't think DC gets it...we are one of the few groups of people keeping Chrysler alive! They should be bending over backwards for us If it was up to me my JK would have been built in a Toyota factory!!! Please don't get me wrong i love my Jeep and it is not my first, BUT Chrysler and the dealers should be doing their best to accommodate us and making us feel appreciated (no other type of vehicle owner buys accessories/parts like we do, how about a break every once and a while off of list)...they are not the ones doing us the favor!!!(I know its only 1/2 doors but it's just the point)

Sorry I just needed to get that out there!!!(I have read too many bad stories involving dealerships/service centers)

Please tell me if I am wrong!
Old 01-06-2008, 08:50 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by teebes210
I Keep asking about the doors but I don't get much. No one knows whats going on. I think they are saying: "these Jeepers are so stupid that eventually they will buy them regardless of price"

I don't think DC gets it...we are one of the few groups of people keeping Chrysler alive! They should be bending over backwards for us If it was up to me my JK would have been built in a Toyota factory!!! Please don't get me wrong i love my Jeep and it is not my first, BUT Chrysler and the dealers should be doing their best to accommodate us and making us feel appreciated (no other type of vehicle owner buys accessories/parts like we do, how about a break every once and a while off of list)...they are not the ones doing us the favor!!!(I know its only 1/2 doors but it's just the point)

Sorry I just needed to get that out there!!!(I have read too many bad stories involving dealerships/service centers)

It'll be Okay!!! Stop for a moment and take a deep breath!!.....Maybe drive your jeep around the block a time or two to calm down!!! I can hear you screamin in your text!!!......

BTW.... IMHO...... I know where you are coming from!!!
Old 01-06-2008, 09:23 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by teebes210

I completely agree. I think they are missing a hugh gold mine here. I am sure they can produce complete painted 1/2 doors that would sell for about $3000 for a set of 4. I think it's ridiculous that they have not capitalized on this hungry market. $7800 for unassembled doors that we have to paint is crazy.

Doors do not cost 1/3 of the total cost of the vehicle.
Old 01-06-2008, 12:51 PM
JK Jedi

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Maybe a solution....

Originally Posted by TennesseeJK
Ive tired asking and searching all over for factory half doors, all ive heard is that factory half doors are only available from the dealer for a fortune, and that it will be a while before there are aftermarket half doors available.
Warrior Products may be the ones who come up with a solution. They have some metal half-doors for about $430 a pair. I have been talking to them about making a bracket for upper doors to fit (they make them for TJ's only), so far they have half doors in diamond plate in stock, and are coming out with powdercoat black non-diamond plate metal. I was suggesting bare metal so they can be painted. From their website:

Aluminum Half Doors- Part #902DOOR-930DOOR

Doors come with paddle handle and both hinges. Doors are sealed to prevent rattling. Add that truly custom look to your Jeep. This is a complete replacement door assembly. Includes weatherstripping. Sold in pairs.

Also available powdercoated black by adding 'PC' to the end of the part number, and available in 12 gauge steel by adding an 'S' to the beginning of the part number.

07 Wrangler/Unlimited Front 920DOOR
07 Unlimited Rear 921DOOR

55-75 CJ5 902DOOR
76-79 CJ7 904DOOR
76-83 CJ5 905DOOR
80-96 CJ7 & Wrangler 907DOOR
81-86 CJ8 907DOOR
97-06 Wrangler/Unlimited 916DOOR
Toyota FJ40 (no handles incl.) 914DOOR
Suzuki Samurai 930DOOR
Old 01-06-2008, 05:56 PM
JK Newbie

I have come off my tangent and can now think sensibly

I heard Bestop is making door skins for their element doors, but I think the OEM halfs are much nicer but also costly!

$1500 for a set of OEM half doors for a 2dr I would write the check right now!!! (I would even blow $2000 on a set) They are great just not in a NE winter!!!
Old 01-17-2008, 04:07 PM
JK Enthusiast

Default Another Outlet...

A friend of mine scored a set....from a salvaged Jeep that had front-end damage....doors were mint....had to repaint but he got them for under a grand...that's a deal! keep your eyes out for them, they are around
Old 01-24-2008, 06:53 AM
JK Newbie

Default 2 half doors will trade for full doors

msg me if anyone is interested. I'm looking to trade my half doors for a set of full doors. They are red Rock (dark red).

Quick Reply: jk Half Doors