Notices
Wanted Make it easier for people to clean out their garage by letting them know you want their dust collectors. Post the things you want and/or are looking for here.

Military In Need of Hardtop for 2-Dr

Old 08-12-2008, 04:08 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Military In Need of Hardtop for 2-Dr

Hey guys, I just found out I am being transferred to Washington state and will be on regular deployments. In other words, I need a hardtop for the cold and for security while on short deployments!!!!!

My budget is small as the move and furniture buying/security deposit is going to be alot. But I need a hardtop. Anyone who has or knows a guy who can help me out with a used or know anywhere I can get a new one for cheap, let me know!!

-Brett
Old 08-12-2008, 07:55 PM
JK Enthusiast

Where in Washington are you being transferred to?

More than half the state is dry as a bone... Dryer than NY anyway.

--Sky
Old 08-13-2008, 01:30 AM
JK Enthusiast

To the wet side, not the dry side.
Old 08-13-2008, 09:34 AM
JK Enthusiast

I've lived in both NY and WA and it really isn't all that more wet here than there. The skies are certainly gray more often here than there, but actual rainfall is not all that much worse, and depending on where you are, snowfall is significantly less. It is also significantly more temperate here, not getting as hot in the summers or nearly as cold in the winters.

I do have the Hardtop but I only use mine for half the year... the other half I'm running a duster and bikini. I remove or replace the doors based on what it looks like the weather will be doing for the next few days (right now they're off). I wouldn't be overly concerned about not having the Hard Top if you're OK without it in NY.

In NY, I was in Westchester County, and here in Washington I'm outside of Seattle, so that gives you an idea of what I'm comparing.

I know you weren't looking for this type of input, so I'll keep my thoughts to myself from here on out, but at least you get a bump out of the conversation.

--Sky
Old 08-13-2008, 09:39 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by skydyvyr
I've lived in both NY and WA and it really isn't all that more wet here than there. The skies are certainly gray more often here than there, but actual rainfall is not all that much worse, and depending on where you are, snowfall is significantly less. It is also significantly more temperate here, not getting as hot in the summers or nearly as cold in the winters.

I do have the Hardtop but I only use mine for half the year... the other half I'm running a duster and bikini. I remove or replace the doors based on what it looks like the weather will be doing for the next few days (right now they're off). I wouldn't be overly concerned about not having the Hard Top if you're OK without it in NY.

In NY, I was in Westchester County, and here in Washington I'm outside of Seattle, so that gives you an idea of what I'm comparing.

I know you weren't looking for this type of input, so I'll keep my thoughts to myself from here on out, but at least you get a bump out of the conversation.

--Sky
So is this for the US military of for you personally?
Old 08-13-2008, 03:49 PM
JK Enthusiast

Sorry for the confusion, it's for a member of the military(me), not for the military itself. Just moving to my first permanent station(submarine). Though I may have to survive without the hardtop. I really would like to have the extra weather protection and mildy increased security. So if I can find a fair deal somehow, I'll bite. But like I said, first big move for me with alot to stretch my budget, just looking if anyone can help out with a fair deal.
Old 08-20-2008, 04:11 AM
JK Newbie

I have a hard top for a 2dr for sale, great condition, great price. 1000.00. Im in NYC. Let me know. PM

I'm assuming your Navy, I'm 1st Bat 504th PIR US Army, let me know if I can help you out. I have a soft spot for squids, I married a Seabee.

Tony

Last edited by RubiConVict; 08-20-2008 at 04:16 AM.

Quick Reply: Military In Need of Hardtop for 2-Dr