Notices
Wanted Make it easier for people to clean out their garage by letting them know you want their dust collectors. Post the things you want and/or are looking for here.

Unlimited Front Door Surrounds

Old 05-31-2011, 03:23 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Unlimited Front Door Surrounds

My JK came with both hard and soft top, but I was missing the front two door surround brackets and my dealership pretty much said tough luck. Since these seem to be really expensive for a 2ft piece of plastic, does anyone have a pair they feel like selling?
Old 05-31-2011, 03:42 PM
JK Enthusiast

Sounds like you need to work your way up the ladder at the dealership. You paid for the entire vehicle. Not a vehicle with parts missing. You wouldn't be ok with it if they sold you a vehicle without a steering wheel. Go back to the dealer and ask again for the door surrounds you paid for. If they say no again, talk to his manager, then his manager and so on.
Old 05-31-2011, 05:25 PM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by zking1776
Sounds like you need to work your way up the ladder at the dealership. You paid for the entire vehicle. Not a vehicle with parts missing. You wouldn't be ok with it if they sold you a vehicle without a steering wheel. Go back to the dealer and ask again for the door surrounds you paid for. If they say no again, talk to his manager, then his manager and so on.
I second this motion.
Old 05-31-2011, 06:17 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by BrowniesJK
I second this motion.
I have already done this. Seeing as I bought my Jeep from a used car dealership, there wasn't much more I could do after I talked to the top guy and he said oh well.
Old 06-01-2011, 02:59 AM
JK Enthusiast

Is there mention of the door surrounds not being included in the sales invoice? The invoice should clearly state your purchase does not include those parts. If not threaten to sue him, have a lawyer buddy call up the owner/manager of the used car place. Even though you don't really intend to. Those door surrounds cost $90 a piece! People have litigated for less than $360, Judge Judy his ass!!
Old 06-01-2011, 03:22 AM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by TMJK2007
I have already done this. Seeing as I bought my Jeep from a used car dealership, there wasn't much more I could do after I talked to the top guy and he said oh well.
Used is a different story. Sorry about your luck.
Old 06-01-2011, 07:09 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by TMJK2007
Someone else mentioned checking the sales invoice, if it mentions 2 tops, and doesn't note that parts may be missing then I'd say you'd have a pretty good leg to stand on to argue that they owe it to you. Of course, it sort of depends on how much of a hassle you want to deal with.

If i were you, I'd just buy the frameless 'fastback' style soft top.... but maybe thats just because I really want one of those....

Quick Reply: Unlimited Front Door Surrounds