Notices
Wanted Make it easier for people to clean out their garage by letting them know you want their dust collectors. Post the things you want and/or are looking for here.

WTB filler plates from Rugged Ridge mirror brackets

Old 03-02-2009, 11:06 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default WTB filler plates from Rugged Ridge mirror brackets

I know that some of you are running the Rugged Ridge Mirror relocation brackets but are not using the "filler plate" that comes with them. Anyone willing to sell me just the filler plates for a reasonable price. I don't want to pay the $50 just for the filler plates, and figure these would work a bit better than something at a hardware store. Let me know if you are willing to let them go for some cash.
Old 03-03-2009, 09:20 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I tried the same thing but just wound up buying the whole kit. I even contacted OMIX/ Rugged Ridge. I am going to drill and tap some holes in my hinges and mount a set of CJ mirrors on mine. I am thinking of making some filler plates and selling just the fillers ro people just like you. Check back with me in a month or so.
Old 03-03-2009, 09:34 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by sempermarc
I tried the same thing but just wound up buying the whole kit. I even contacted OMIX/ Rugged Ridge. I am going to drill and tap some holes in my hinges and mount a set of CJ mirrors on mine. I am thinking of making some filler plates and selling just the fillers ro people just like you. Check back with me in a month or so.
Thanks sempermarc. If you come up with something, please let me know. I'm trying to remove the factory mirrors, and just leave the Mopar doors off mirror (which is only drivers side) on permanently. I've been trying to figure out a passenger mirror that is visible with the doors on, but have had little luck with a good solution. Please let me know if you come up with something. So far, I'm stumped for the passenger side.
Old 03-03-2009, 09:53 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

There is not a lot of good alternatives out there. The quick release mirrors are too easy to steal and the RR kit leaves the passengers side useless from what I hear. That's why I am gonna do the CJ mirrors.
Old 05-10-2009, 04:51 PM
JK Newbie

Can someone post pics of the filler plates?

That way some of us can get them made locally.

Cheers
Tim
Old 05-11-2009, 05:58 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Thorvald
Can someone post pics of the filler plates?

That way some of us can get them made locally.

Cheers
Tim
Another forum member hooked me up with some filler plates that he was able to have made. It is a 4-3/32" wide black disc with 3M sticky tape stuff on the back, the same as a door stop disc you can get at a hardware store (but those only come in 3-1/4" and 5" round sizes if I recall).

The picture of my home made hard top hoist shows the filler plate at the bottom right. Hope that is what you were looking for.

Last edited by Hoovis; 05-11-2009 at 02:08 PM.
Old 05-11-2009, 02:10 PM
JK Enthusiast

Tim, picture is now posted and I corrected the size of the filler plate.
Old 05-12-2009, 04:08 AM
JK Freak

I have some filler covers I had made from ABS plastic laser cut, On the back I had 3M sticky applied so they are peel and stick, I have not had time to come up with anything for the inside as of yet, If anyone has any interest PM ME. $10 a pair shipped.
Attached Thumbnails PICT4164.jpg  
Old 05-12-2009, 05:58 AM
JK Enthusiast

Renegadelt1 is the forum member that hooked me up. Nice guy and good product. I would recommend just getting these from him rather than trying to bother with doing it yourself. I'm quite pleased with the ones he sent me. They are the perfect size and stick on plenty solid.

As for the inside holes, trace a circle around a quarter on any sticker (whatever color you want... I used clear). This will keep any moisture out of the factory mirror housing, FYI.
Old 05-12-2009, 08:31 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Dubya
Couldn't you just use a round black sticker? That would seal it up and look the same.
Yep. I had clear on hand, but black would be better for the inside holes.

However, if you are referring to the outside, I personally would not use a sticker. Bound to put a hole in it or something. I would think it is too thin to function well permanently. Just my two cents.

Quick Reply: WTB filler plates from Rugged Ridge mirror brackets